Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after 2 and half years my front lower ball joints are toast. Is there any aftermarket joints that are better than stock? The only ones I see are from EPI.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
how much are epi's over stock?

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
I dont remember ...I got them over a year ago now ... but I remember thinking HOLLY SHITZ ...they are expensive!!! But also ...I never priced out the stock ones!

G

·
Well after 2 and half years my front lower ball joints are toast. Is there any aftermarket joints that are better than stock? The only ones I see are from EPI.
I also was thinking on the same lines as you. But then I thought about it a little longer and decided I could live with another 2 and1/2 years using new stock ball joints. The choice is between BALL JOINTS & HEIMS. Heavy duty ball joints are just a oxymoron.

·
Registered
322 Posts
heim joints arn't designed to be side loaded, the way they're used in ATV A-arm ends, in the place of ball joints. Heims where the A-arms contact the frame are OK.

I have had A-arms that used them instead of ball joints, they never last long as ball joints and this is buying the expensive ones that are teflon lined. So if you think that the stockers don't last you definitely won't like the life.

The stock ball joints do suck. I want someone to sell a replacement kit that that used a tapered ball joint and comes with a reamer to install them. The straight shaft of the stock joint put to much pressure on the pinch bolt. The shaft will eventually side, loosen, and oblong the bearing carrier. I keep checking the tightness of the bolt and replacing them when a bit worn and I still have to replace the bearing carriers and ball joints.

Venders Please HELP!! with this problem!!

G

·
heim joints arn't designed to be side loaded, the way they're used in ATV A-arm ends, in the place of ball joints. Heims where the A-arms contact the frame are OK.

I have had A-arms that used them instead of ball joints, they never last long as ball joints and this is buying the expensive ones that are teflon lined. So if you think that the stockers don't last you definitely won't like the life.

The stock ball joints do suck. I want someone to sell a replacement kit that that used a tapered ball joint and comes with a reamer to install them. The straight shaft of the stock joint put to much pressure on the pinch bolt. The shaft will eventually side, loosen, and oblong the bearing carrier. I keep checking the tightness of the bolt and replacing them when a bit worn and I still have to replace the bearing carriers and ball joints.

Venders Please HELP!! with this problem!!
X2

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
what about Superatv ball joints for $19.95 a piece?

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
does the rzr have an upper and lower per side or just a lower per side?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.