Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put a set of 30x10x14 super atv xt warriors on Sti wheels. Off road can’t tell anything but on the road when I hit 40 mph I can start feel the vibration. So I checked em out on a tire balancing machine and they were outta balance 54 ounces. That’s a lot of sticky weights. Anyone know of a solution.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Check with some 4 wheel drive shops I've had them break the tire down and they put patch weights on the inside of the tire and not on the wheel it's a little spendy but it works

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
The Lone Rzr
2,282 Posts
That's definitely a lot of weights but I've put a couple sheets of weights on mine and it solved the problem
You can try rotating the tire 180* on the rim and see if it helps

·
Registered
42 Posts
I've had luck over inflating them and let sit for a couple hot days, then take them back down to where you want the pressure

·
Registered
14 Posts
Over the road truckers use antifreeze to balance tires without wheel weights..

I've also heard tire sealant can do the same.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Start with aligning the yellow dot on the tire with the valve stem and then check balance. If weight is not acceptable and by that I would think less than 10 oz, rotate the tire on the wheel 180, check balance again, if not acceptable rotate tire in 45 degree increment until you reached an acceptable amount. Other and best option is call around to tire shops, find someone that has a road force balancer and take it to them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What if there was no yellow dot on the tire. I went from stock 29 xp 1000 to 30x10x14 xt warriors. Before I swapped no issues. There on 14 x7 sti wheels with 4+3 off set. The bead of the tire don’t seem to set even around the rim of the tire.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts