Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

Baja Designs | Squadron SAE | Pre-Order !!!

2K views 3 replies 1 participant last post by  Baja Designs 
#1 ·
Brand new for Baja Designs is our SAE certified light. This light is based on our Squadron series. While there are many visual characteristics that stayed the same the pattern, and circuitry is optimized in order to give our SAE light a street legal punch! We’ve put this light through rigorous tests to ensure that it would be an upgrade from most LED, HID, and Halogen factory fog lights.

Squadron SAE, Pair, PRE-ORDER

These lights are also available in Vehicle Specific Kits for some of our most popular applications. Check out the following SAE approved options:

Toyota:
- 07-13 Tundra, 05-11 Tacoma | SAE Fog Pocket Kit
- 12+ Tacoma, 14+ Tundra, 10+ 4Runner | SAE Fog Pocket Kit

GM/Chevy:
- Chevy/GMC HD, Canyon/Colorado (15-19) SAE Fog Pocket Kit

Ford:
- Raptor 2017-18 Fog Pocket Kit SAE "Sportsmen"
- Super Duty (17-18) /F-150 (15-18), SAE Fog Pocket Kit
- F150 Fog Pocket Kit

Dodge/Ram:
- Ram 2500/3500 (10-18),1500 (09-12) SAE Fog Pocket Kit

Jeep:
- Jeep, Squadron-R SAE, LED JK Fog Pocket Kit

Note: This is currently a Pre-Order with the ETA being July 2019. I'll be posting updates and more details as they are available

Amber Pre-Order starting NEXT WEEK :)
Stay tuned...

Baja Designs
www.bajadesigns.com

See less See more
#2 ·
Here is a question we received on another forum:

.... said:
From what I am reading in this thread… this light unfortunately does not have a DOT approval, only SAE. So from a purely legal standpoint, still not street legal as it needs a DOT approval?

I would be pretty happy to be proven wrong, because I could justify something like this if I could use them on-road in addition to off-road. DOT approval basically means instant win if you ever got a fix-it ticket or some sort of violation.

From reading the link above:
“Therefore, just because a vehicle component such as a LED light is SAE approved, it does not mean it is legal to be used on public roads, all it means is that the quality of the design and construction meet the standards set by SAE, which are very high standards indeed.”

In the United States, fog lights require SAE J583 compliance in order to be used on any official roadway. Since fog lights are not mandatory on a vehicle, DOT doesn’t have a requirement for fog lights and has left this as well as many other requirements up to SAE to determine the standards. Through their expertise, Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) has come up with and agreed upon a standard for all US fog lights (J583) to adhere to. These standards require the lights to meet very strict guidelines to maintain the safety of motorists. The new Baja Designs' SAE Squadron meets these strict standards and can be used legally in all 50 states as a (J583) fog light.

Baja Designs
www.bajadesigns.com

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.