Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought my rzr 4. it only has 13 miles on it and theres this noise coming from the back, it sounds like a clicking from the cv shaft or a bad u-joint but everything is tight. has anyone esle experinced this.
thanks joe

H

·
0 Posts
No problems here..
Sounds like you need to take it back..make it the dealers problem.

·
Registered
466 Posts
My anti-sway bar was lose in the rear. Tightened the bolts which helped. I also had the left rear tire clicking when I went down hill. You could hear it while coasting in low or high gear.
I fixed it by taking off the rear brake shoes and put silicone behind the shoes, just like you do for disk brakes on your car. I put it all back together, and rotated the tire and made sure it rotated smooth. There is an socket head screw I think its a 6 mm allen wrench and you can tighten it while you rotate the tire. As you turn the screw in it makes your brake shoes get tighter on the rotar. Make it tight then back it off until it barely drags the disk rotar. After I did this my clicking went away and has not returned. Remember its just like working on you jeep or truck brake shoes. If you have any questions send me a PM.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
just took the 4 out to try and figrure out that noise. i still dont know what it could be there must be something im missing

·
Registered
466 Posts
Put your RZR on jack stands and then drive it with the tires off the ground. At least jack up the rear and have someone drive as you listen to the rear. You'll probably find the noise then..good luck..it may take a while and is frustrating but you'll find it..

·
Registered
191 Posts
PC13's got it. It's probably the rear brake pads. You can check by reaching in and tapping them with your finger. It makes a clunking noise that you can definitely hear when you're driving. I thought the whole rear end was coming apart, mine rattled so loud! :scared2:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts