Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Found this video on youtube. Its one of the worst wrecks Ive seen. Heres the video description from Youtube.

"I was at Badlands in Indiana and hit the jump at 45 mph. I came up short on landing and bounced. My seat belts dont work and when I landed upside down my helmet falls off. Then on second flip I fell out and it knocked off my shoes. I got very lucky and was able to limp away. I broke my shoulder and hurt about every where else on my body."

·
Banned
5,672 Posts
freeze the first one at :08.....and draw a little thought bubble there. (as hes hittin the dirt.
i know what id put in the thought bubble. curious what others might write.

·
Banned
5,672 Posts
thought that looked familiar - appears to be Banlands, IN. they have about a dozen open ares like that of varying grade/ height. its an old mining area. some of the areas are natural dirt amended with local sand and pea gravel. the sand is quite course and provides interesting riding conditions. the sands excavated are further washed and reworked into various grades to meet requirements for masons, construction fill sand and other. $7-$13/ ton for you construction people. some pits are union only and wont fill the back of an f-150.i like that place best after a rain - no dust. they also have woods, creeks, mud, rock climbing, kiddie area, water. pretty neat place.

·
Registered
254 Posts
freeze the first one at :08.....and draw a little thought bubble there. (as hes hittin the dirt.
i know what id put in the thought bubble. curious what others might write.
damn, I should have worn a helmet and used harnesses?

what an idiot

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hes really lucky that he got ejected while the RZR was upside down rather than it flinging him up and forward and then the RZR landing on him. Being strapped in and riding it out wouldnt have been much fun either lol.

·
Registered
317 Posts
WOW! That looks pretty bad. Ive been to the Badlands before in my rockcrawler. Pretty cool place but I broke a rear Dana 60 shaft within two hours on a near vertical rock ledge.

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
Looks real to me.. People do jumps like that all the time in RZRs.. I wouldn't do it myself since these things jump like they have led in the front. But to each his own.. A double like that is very dangerous if you come up short. Doesn't really matter what your jumping it with.
I would have kept filming also. There was already a couple people running over. Besides I'm not a EMT so about all I could do is go. "you ok man?"

·
Registered
3,114 Posts
Holy freakin' Yard Sale! That guy was just plain stupid for doing that and so are his friends for letting him try it. Why even bother with the helmet if your arent going to strap it on and I don't even need to get into the broke seatbelt issue. GEEEESSSSH some people.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts