Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. Took the rzr out yesterday, and wrecked the IT. I hit a whoop and the front end kicked left and ran me into a railing. It rolled over on its side then stopped. The original damage wasnt as bad as the pictures represent, but i had to winch it into the creek bed to get it onto trailer. So dragging it pulled the tire back quite a bit. I think its fixable, the only thing im worried about is the frame support that seems to run under the dash, and all the way to the front of the machine. I dont want to make an insurance claim, because i dont want to them to total it, and buying a new machine is out of the question right now.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346715055.164606.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346715072.676872.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346715087.327008.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346715103.061578.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346715117.483772.jpg

Passenger side seems to be in tact still. I cant see an tears in the supports or any other issues.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346715130.266486.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346715238.135894.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346715253.168882.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346715264.362748.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346715278.041606.jpg

Also, i climbed a couple hills early in the day, and i noticed my front driverside tire wasnt pulling like the rest in awd. Is there another issue i need to look at as well. Lmao, even though its not the big issue.

My plans are to start tearing it down, rebuild the whole front support clip, and rebuild suspension. Am i dreaming, or is this realistic. Btw, i was the only in the machine at the time, and i am ok. Good thing my buddy was following in his XP.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
i would say totaled, lots of frame damage, not only the ripped out a arms but on the side where all the plastic is tore up looks like the frame going up to the dash is also messed up

·
Addicted
3,649 Posts
I doubt its totaled. I had a lot of damage to my old rzr, including plastics, a-arms, cage and FRAME, etc. My insurance fixed all of it. Gave me the chance to change the plastics to a more favorable color in the process....

·
Registered
759 Posts
Dude I'm by no means a insurance adjuster but that bikes totaled and I'd file a claim on that machine. If ur paying for the coverage use it, I understand certain circumstances come into play like multiple claims and worried about getting dropped or increased premiums but that looks reall expensive to me

·
Registered
202 Posts
Im also glad you're ok. If youre willing to do all the work yourself id say it is fixable but dont be surprised if you hit 5 figures on that bill. To me it looks like new frame, suspension, probably front diff and axles, plastics, new steering rack, tierods and ends on top of whatever else, tire, hub(s) ect. Though I bet you could save some $$$ buying take off parts from members/vendors.

·
Registered
13,408 Posts
Dude I'm by no means a insurance adjuster but that bikes totaled and I'd file a claim on that machine. If ur paying for the coverage use it, I understand certain circumstances come into play like multiple claims and worried about getting dropped or increased premiums but that looks reall expensive to me
x2

Its toasted. Or will need a lot of costly repairs. If you are a good welder you might get by without a frame. Make a claim, ask to buy it back if its reasonable, and fix it. Or save for a new one.

·
Registered
316 Posts
If your planning on doing the work yourself, file a claim. And if they total it, buy it back and use the insurance money to fix it. I've been down that road before with an ATV and came out way ahead.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

·
Registered
144 Posts
For sure I would say roasted and that's what insurance is for buy it back then use there money u put towards insurance to fix it man

·
◄►STARS & STRIPES◄►
3,832 Posts
Glad your ok . Sorry looks totaled to me .
X2

I know some are questioning it being totaled & it's a roll of the dice until the estimate. Labor costs could make or break you.

If you do the work yourself or with a buddy you could do well & possibly stay below certain levels ($$$$) on your claim.

Above all, I'm glad you're ok & it's the RZR in the pics & not you in a hospital bed.

Mike

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You can buy just the front half clip for a RZR 4...
Link?

That will take research on your part. Swingarm1 probably has one but is just playing possum....lol

He is right though. Depending on you this can be done in your garage. Maybe not all the plastics but on the trail again.:ride:
Awsome!! Thanks guys!! I can rebuild it, and i would rather do that. I love my rzr.

·
Premium Member
41,101 Posts
Link?

That will take research on your part. Swingarm1 probably has one but is just playing possum....lol

He is right though. Depending on you this can be done in your garage. Maybe not all the plastics but on the trail again.:ride:
Awsome!! Thanks guys!! I can rebuild it, and i would rather do that. I love my rzr.
I sell all the OEM pieces you'll need...

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

I sell all the OEM pieces you'll need...
I will be PM'ing you shortly. Once i get it tore down, i will have a better idea of what i need. Thank you

1 - 20 of 47 Posts