Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, are we all in agreement that the popping and mild backfiring when off throttle or steady throttle is remedied with the re-flash. Has anyone had it done and saw the issue go away. Are certain build dates already ok. Our 570 was built 4/17/12. That doesn't tell me when the ecu was produced. Thoughts?????

·
Registered
79 Posts
I'd imagine there's only so much Polaris can do while still meeting EPA requirements. My BMW motorcycle does it too, as it is also a very lean system. It gets better/worse depending on temp, humidity, altitude and barometric pressure, but it's always there to some degree.

Maybe when aftermarket programs are available the 570 can be fattened up a bit.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Ours was built in March 2012, and it definitely had the issue. Had it reflashed last weekend. Definitely helped the issue. Still pops every now and then, but NOTHING like it did. You'll also notice better idle, and most are noting improved mid-range power. I definitely think it runs smoother now. It doesn't feel like it is as restrained as it once was. Definitely do it.

·
Jerky Boy
298 Posts
I only had a 10 or 15 min ride on mine after the re flash and didn't notice any popping (could still be there cuz it was horrible before).

I do have an Alba fuel controller that I've never hooked up. I'm curious to see what, if any difference it will make since reflash.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

1 - 5 of 5 Posts