Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have broke a back axle on my Polaris Xp 1000 and I accidentally ordered ones for a Polaris 1000s. I was wondering if it would still work or is there a deference between the two.

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
4,665 Posts
I prefer the OEM. I'd rather an axle breaks than something internally in the motor.
Internal motor components and drive train components are really not directly related when it comes to failure... having stronger axles that don't break isn't going to cause you to throw a rod or anything...break a diff, prop shaft, u-joint, or trans, that's a possibility...but not likely going to cause internal motor failure.

I fully understand the weak link mentality, it makes a lot of sense, but fresh on brain my is a video I saw yesterday of the exact reason I don't want to have a "weak link", an axle breaking at an inopportune time in 4wd with wheel spin, can cause the machine to very quickly and suddenly jerk to one side and become even more catastrophic than loosing the entire front diff, or prop shaft..... everything is very circumstantial when it comes to failure, and attempting to predict the conditions around it, so it's absolutely to each their own, but I really prefer stronger components that make a failure of any sort much less likely.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Internal motor components and drive train components are really not directly related when it comes to failure... having stronger axles that don't break isn't going to cause you to throw a rod or anything...break a diff, prop shaft, u-joint, or trans, that's a possibility...but not likely going to cause internal motor failure.

I fully understand the weak link mentality, it makes a lot of sense, but fresh on brain my is a video I saw yesterday of the exact reason I don't want to have a "weak link", an axle breaking at an inopportune time in 4wd with wheel spin, can cause the machine to very quickly and suddenly jerk to one side and become even more catastrophic than loosing the entire front diff, or prop shaft..... everything is very circumstantial when it comes to failure, and attempting to predict the conditions around it, so it's absolutely to each their own, but I really prefer stronger components that make a failure of any sort much less likely.
Was this the video? I was wondering if this was a result of a broken axles. Sorry for getting of topic lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
4,665 Posts
Was this the video? I was wondering if this was a result of a broken axles. Sorry for getting of topic lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yup, that be the one. If you watch from the other angle at the 6:12 mark, you'll see the LF tire stop driving and hear the axle snap, immediately before it takes the sharp right turn to catastrophe. You could still see the marks he left when I was there on Saturday lol.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts