Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I took my '10 rzr out for the first time this weekend and my awd will not engage. I went to pull a guy out and before I could hook up to him mine got stuck and awd wouldn't engage leaving us walking almost 2miles back to camp. Rzr was at a complete stop before pushing the button. I've done some research and cant quite figure it out... Anyone else had this problem? I didn't run too hard so I don't understand what the problem could be is. I'll be taking it into the dealer saturday, but worried their gonna try and claim abuse and try to make me pay for any repairs.

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
Does the light for AWD come on? If not it could be either the switch or wires loose.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Light comes on and it shows on the dash that it's on, but doesn't work. I'm pretty upset about this since I've only had it a month and this was the first time I got to take it out.

·
Registered
322 Posts
check to see if there is 12V after the plug between the differential and the main wiring harness. My plug was bad. Cut it out and replaced it with one from Summit Racing.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
or just let the dealership fix it under warranty

·
Registered
5 Posts
The Quickest and easiest way is if you live by a river drive it down to it make sure its on a steep hill, put it in drive and jumb out head to the nearest yamaha dealer and get a rhino, I had the same problem with mine and this fixed it.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
What month was your 2010 born on ? Some of the early ones still had the plastic sprauge in the front diff. I think the cut off date was March 12.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
not sure what month it was, but I do believe it was in the early months like february or so... I plan on taking it back, but like I said I'm worried their gonna try and get out of fixing it and say abuse cause they said that to my buddy about his fan when it quit working cause their was some mud on the underside of his polaris 500. turned out to be a relay or something in his case...

·
Registered
311 Posts
The Quickest and easiest way is if you live by a river drive it down to it make sure its on a steep hill, put it in drive and jumb out head to the nearest yamaha dealer and get a rhino, I had the same problem with mine and this fixed it.
I bet your at least 75 yrs old. :rofl3:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts