Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the forum and the rzr. Just got a 2012 800 le. Took it out for the first time yesterday with the wife and had a blast. I tried searching and didn't find my answer. When I am driving at speed and turn on the awd switch the symbol does not appear on the dash until I slow down to about 10 mph. Is this how they are? I have 2011 550xp and the awd goes on on that whenever I flip switch. Note my parents got one also and doing the same thing. Thanks for help and apologize if this has been covered.

·
I am still 16 in my head!
1,947 Posts
I would strongly suggest you read your Owners Manual before operating your New Rig. I would also suggest you read your ATV Owners Manual also!!!!!
Engaging AWD
The AWD switch may be turned on or off while the vehicle is moving.
Initially, the vehicle's electronic system will not enable the AWD until
the engine RPM is below 3100. Once enabled, the AWD remains
enabled until the AWD switch is turned off. If the switch is turned off
while the demand drive unit is moving, it will not disengage until the
rear wheels regain traction.
Engage the AWD switch before getting into conditions where front
wheel drive may be needed. If the rear wheels are spinning, release the
throttle before switching to AWD.

NOTICE: Switching to AWD while the rear wheels are spinning or slipping may
cause severe drive shaft and gearcase damage. Always switch to
AWD while the rear wheels have traction or are at rest.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds good. I did read the manuald did not see that. I will have to go back through it. Thanks for the answer. Just at work and wanted an answer because it was bothering me. Thanks again.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds good. I did read the manuald did not see that. I will have to go back through it. Thanks for the answer. Just at work and wanted an answer because it was bothering me. Thanks again.

·
I am still 16 in my head!
1,947 Posts
Glad to know you all have not messed anything up yet. It is a good rule of thumb to be off the throttle when engaging the AWD. And even better in my book to be stopped and then engage it.

You sure just don't want to be engaging it while spinning the rear wheels!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts