Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
I bought the IMS kit that relocates the factory battery and the bracket they send is very nice. Heavy duty, well built and powder coated.

I chose the IMS over the ISOTA setup for a couple reasons.

1. Weight is lower in the machine
2. Automatically transfers fuel while you ride and it works great. I’ve ridden with the low fuel light flashing before I filled it up and there was only 1/2 gallon left in the tanks.
3. Gives me more room for storage, we carry a lot of stuff and the ISOTA tanks eat up valuable real estate.
4. Filling at the gas station is super easy. I don’t fuel thru the oem tank only as it’s faster to fill both the IMS and oem at the same time.

It’s a great setup and I have no regrets.
how do you fuel thru the IMS? I tried to get IMS to send video but it was too big to send. He sent instructions. tks

·
Registered
438 Posts
The factory tank holds 9.5 gallons and the IMS holds 5 gallons. When I filled both takes after install I put in 14.5 gallons so the tank capacities are correct. I have put as much as 14 gallons in to refuel. Based on my personal experience, all but the last 1/2 gallon is useable, maybe less. I had been running with the fuel light flashing for quite a few miles because I wanted to test the useable fuel capacity. I did not run dry so it’s possible there was even more fuel available. I’m happy with 14 useable gallons of fuel. That’s about 130 mile range for the riding we do.

The IMS tank has a threaded bung installed in the bottom and you have to install a fitting into the bottom of the factory tank, then a hose connects the two tanks together. The fuel just transfers over as you ride.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Being new to the sxs world, I have no idea if we will end up needing to carry fuel or not. While I know this thread is from this past spring, I do have an idea that may work when needed.

We just bought the ridgid $40 storage box for our XP4, and i believe I could run a Ski Doo LinQ gas caddy on top of it. I already have both the 3 & 4 gal cans, just need to buy a set of the LinQ brackets and mount them.

Though this set up doesn’t have the convenience of being plumbed into the stock tank....

Maybe it’s a crazy idea, mainly because of the location of the gas caddy height wise....

21 - 27 of 27 Posts