Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are most of you guys running with the auto tune? Do you run just 1 or 2 O2 sensors? Where is the best place to install them if you run the dual?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

·
Premium Member
1,086 Posts
Single sensor, right after the two pipes come together.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. So it will still tune both cylinders separately?

·
Premium Member
41,099 Posts
Thanks for the reply. So it will still tune both cylinders separately?

It tunes the combined cylinders... You can install 1 in each pipe and tune them independently... I have 3... 1 in each pipe and 1 in the collector... Best of all worlds...

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What kit do you have to run 3? Doesn't the auto tune only have 2 plug ins?

·
Premium Member
41,099 Posts
What kit do you have to run 3? Doesn't the auto tune only have 2 plug ins?

None that I know of... I tuned from each pipe (sensor in each pipe) then installed single sensor in collector for auto tuner...

·
Registered
49 Posts
With a water cooled twin that is not design compromised on either the exhaust or intake side, such as the XP900, the differences between cylinders will be minute. Where the collector joins would be the logical placement. In engines that ARE design compromised (read, air cooled Harley V-twins), the individual cylinder fueling requirements will vary significantly, hence, dual channel autotune. Oh, and if you run a turbo, the O2 should be AFTER the turbo. Significant AFR error exists if run before the turbo due to extreme pressure variances. Your sensor life will be severely degraded also, in this case....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts