Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I saw you running around @ sahara last saturday and have to ask what is your setup. Tires, clutch, power mods. I was impressed the way you were running around on buttercup in the dark. You didn't seem to be having the problems I was in the deep powder on the top of the dunes.

·
aka: Bad Influence
929 Posts
I thought that was you but I was having too much fun rollin in the dunes I didnt stop. LOL
Tires are Fullerton Sandsports STU Blaster 26's play cut with smoothies on the front. 6 PSI in the rear and 7.5 PSI in the fronts. Clutching is also from Fullerton SandSports setup for stock motor running their tire combo. All the tires are on Beadlocks as well and that is it. As Dave will tell you rotating mass is a huge power robber. I lost probably 50+ lbs off of the car going with thier setup (they have exact weight numbers if you call them) and that alone will make it feel like you have another 10-15HP IMO. They arent cheap but worth every penny, plus with the extra width they provide it makes the car much more stable running the big dunes. There is a Fullerton Dealer in Andover Kansas if you are interested and if you want the tires and wheels I could probably get them shipped and bring them to Sandfest for you.

It was very soft on the top of the dunes but it still ran very well. This was the fisrt trip with the new clutch and I was pleasantly surprised at the difference even though the motor is still completely stock.

I have no plans on modifying the engine either, the car does everything I ask of it in stock form and I feel that any engine mods are useless unless you go turbo or bigbore. The cars are heavy enough that exhaust and programmer make a difference but IMO not enough to spend the money on it.

If you are at Sandfest in a couple weeks pm me and I will send you my phone number and we can make a couple runs together so you can see the car work up close and personal. I cant be happier with it right now. I am staying at Deuces Wild at spot number 1. Hope to see you in a few weeks and that goes for anyone else as well.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I doubt I will make it for sand fest. It is summerset nationals @ kid. but thanks for the offer. I was impressed by the way your 4 was getting around. I could tell the difference I understand the no need to modify the engine right now. Thanks for the info. I do like the dual green whips also.

·
aka: Bad Influence
929 Posts
LOL you cant mistake me for someone else with the green whips and under car green led's.
i forgot about the summerset nationals, i will be at KID this weekend for another heads up race with my buddies and their promod car. we are also coming to Tulsa in Oct. for a promod race there as well.

stay in touch we will meet sooner or later.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts