Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
X Games 16 Coverage

These days there is rarely a dull moment in my life, even while recovering from a near life ending injury. While practicing in Texas recently I managed to land myself short of the “sweet spot” and in the ICU. Injuries sustained included a broken shoulder, a fractured skull and a rather large gash to the back of my head. All things considered my time in the hospital wasn’t all that unpleasant but after sitting in bed for ten days, I was ready to get out and back on my feet. Little did I know the excitement I was in for, before I would ever even make it back home.

Due to said injuries I was unable to take an airplane ride back to California so the train was the next most cost effective option. Two days after leaving the hospital I began my choo choo ride across three states that ultimately wound up taking 48 hours. I’d recommend traveling by train if you’ve got the time and care to see some of the remaining untouched areas of our country.

I made it back to California Wednesday of that week just in time to connect with a few of my Bomb Squad teammates and hit the beach for some down time before heading to X Games. Watching the X Games live is another one of those experiences I never thought I’d get and to this point, I’ve seldom even caught them on TV as basic cable in my homeland does NOT include ESPN. Thanks to our wonderful management and the recent success of brothers Caleb and Colten we were able to secure a few industry guest passes for the entire weekend. Not only would I get to experience X, I would get to do so essentially as a VIP.
We made it to the Los Angeles Coliseum just in time to watch the final qualifying FMX heat and then the finals for men’s and women’s Super X as well as the ever popular freestyle event. The stadium was jam packed with a large mega ramp, butting the FMX course up against it with an enormous wall ride. The supercross track, featuring two of the craziest camelback jumps I’ve ever seen, was interwoven between the two and a portion of it ran outside the stadium.
The men’s Super X final was the first event of the night and be it many of the major supercross A-listers were absent (Stewart, Reed, Dungey, Villapoto, Windam) I had a difficult time keeping track of position changes throughout the race. Josh Grant would take gold on the day with Justin Brayton claiming silver and Josh Hansen bringing home the bronze. It was truly insane watching those guys loft themselves into the air over the unusually steep camelback jumps and equally impressive watching several riders quadruple through the rhythm section.

Read More Here-

·
◄►STARS & STRIPES◄►
3,832 Posts
Wow, i hope you are OK and get back to a full recovery.. Other good news or should I say light at the end of the tunnel is you now have an excuse to buy power steering... Us injured guys swear by it!! Im jealous of your train ride..After 8 years in Alaska I still havnt rode on the great Alaskan Railroad??Im an idiot!! aslo never fished, nver hunted..but then again..I was alway gone or injured when I got back..Needless to say, I have untill April May..then Im moving!!

Get well Soon!! Mike

·
Vendor
4,175 Posts
The WHIPS are BAD ARS!!! The front flip gone bad was UGLY!!! It is amazing what guys can do on a bike now. HATS OFF to them...

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
The WHIPS are BAD ARS!!! The front flip gone bad was UGLY!!! It is amazing what guys can do on a bike now. HATS OFF to them...
I think it's amazing how crazy these guys are for trying double backflips and front flips...I remember just a few years ago the single backflip was thought to be impossible and too dangerous...boy they have come a long way

1 - 11 of 11 Posts