Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
2015 XP 1K
315 Posts
Check on the driver side front end of the heat shield where your tail light harness goes from the buggy to the lights. I had to form the heat shield down on the corner or it would have cut into the harness.... Nice bumper.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Check on the driver side front end of the heat shield where your tail light harness goes from the buggy to the lights. I had to form the heat shield down on the corner or it would have cut into the harness.... Nice bumper.
Thank you I've been looking at that wire thinking that's going to rub through. Time to do some more bending.

Sent from my LGLS770 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
102 Posts
I tried fitting an assault rear bumper today on my 2016 xp1k and the heat shield is in the way. Not sure how the top bolts go through without drilling. No instructions came with either the front or rear bumper. But should be a simple install. Ill try again tomorrow. Can you provide photos of how it bolts on the upper mount? Did you use the existing bolts? Thanks

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I tried fitting an assault rear bumper today on my 2016 xp1k and the heat shield is in the way. Not sure how the top bolts go through without drilling. No instructions came with either the front or rear bumper. But should be a simple install. Ill try again tomorrow. Can you provide photos of how it bolts on the upper mount? Did you use the existing bolts? Thanks
You have to drill the top. There's already a hole on the back that you use, but you'll need to drill it through the front . I'll post a picture tonight when I get home. Heat shield I just bent up and it worked.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I talked to Assault today about the bumper and they said that the heat shield needs to be bent.
Not an easy install.
Hndardr, how did you tweak your heat shield? Did you need to remove it?

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No I didn't remove it. I just put a long screw driver under it pushed up and pulled down the outer edge with my hand.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Well I'm making progress. I hammered on the shield to bend it up and removed one rivet that was in the way. I have the lower bolts on. So now i need to drill out the uppers and install the long bolts.
And yes the cable on the drivers side needs to be zip tied out of the way. Hopefully the front bumper is easy. But I'll wait till i install the winch. Oh joy.
On the pita scale this is a 4 out of 5.
Ill take some photos.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That's what mine looks like. I put some velcro tape down on the bumper so the shield has some padding and doesn't scratch or rattle.

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
I installed this bumper on my '18 XPT today.

The heat shield that had to be bent up on previous models, is not an issue on at least the '18's. It was already bent up from the factory.

Did have an issue with the lower mounting nuts that came with the bumper. There is literally no room for the supplied nut with the large flange on it, to fit on the supplied bolt at the bottom of the down tube of the roll cage. I had to use another nut that didn't have the large flange.

I had to tape the nut to a box end wrench and hold it at the mounting hole and then thread the bolt to it. I could not get my fingers in between the axle/cv boot to hold the nut. Once you get the bolt started, take the box end wrench off or you wont be able to get your wrench out without loosening it up. The wrench will get stuck behind the bolt and the roll cage.

Also had to remove the OEM plastic bumper in order to drill the top 2 mounting holes.

Somewhat of a PITA, but it's on. I hope that the Polaris HL radius arms i have coming will fit with this bumper.

It's a heavy duty bumper, with a clean simplistic look.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts