Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a while back I ordered the ARS FX +4.5" long travel kit with the Exit X1 shocks from ZBROZ racing and after finally having time to install it I got out this last weekend to ride and let me tell you...I've never had a better time riding any ATV/UTV...EVER!

As for the installation it was fairly easy. I am not a mechanic, just your average Joe, and while I did run into hiccups every once in a while there was nothing that I couldn't just sit and evaluate and figure it out. Everything fit perfectly and the only downside was time...it took me a total of 1 week to do it...and that's working on it after work for a couple hours a day. For the CV's and Axles I found a guy on Craigslist that got laid off from a local Polaris Dealership and he did them for me...total was $50! Couldn't beat that.

Then it was finally time to take my RZR to our local dune riding area (Moses Lake, WA). It was a blast! That suspension blew me away! Keep in mind that this is my first RZR and I'm coming from sport ATV's where I had a +2" Long Travel Kit on my ATV and I was still extremely impressed on how well the RZR did. It soaks up all the bumps very well and I was able to launch my RZR very far and high off the dunes while landing it seemed like falling on a pillow, it was that soft. Even hitting some jumps wrong and landing completely nose down on my front wheels never bottomed out the shocks.

Going through the whoops at high speeds was fun but this is where I would critique the system a little. I do wish the ARS FX A-Arms made the length of the RZR a little longer to handle the whoops a bit better but overall it still handled them well with minimal kickback in the rear. This system also gets completely rid of the front sway bar system. While I never really needed it for this situation there was times where I felt it would have been nice to have a front sway bar system. So that's something I might invest in the future as far as an aftermarket sway bar system.

Bottom line I am extremely happy with this set-up. Thanks to the guys at ZBROZ racing for helping me out and giving me a hell of a deal!

·
Registered
394 Posts
Did the kit come complete with ball joints, tie rods, and fittings in the A-arms? Do you use the stock rear break lines or do you get new ones? Just wondering because I have this kit coming in 2-3 weeks. Can't wait. Thanks for the review, I will be posting pics and reviews after mine is done. One other question what tires are you running and how wide are you now.

·
Vendor
969 Posts
Great Review! Thanks for posting! Any chance you took some pics on your ride? I always enjoy seeing other members cars. Thanks again for the support, let me know if you need help with anything at all in the future.
:yr1:

Chris,
Zbroz Racing

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry it took me a while to respond, I've been out of town.

The kit comes complete! You do use your stock rear brake lines...all you need to do is re-route the line. Axles, Tie-Rods, everything's included.

Unfortunately I'm still running my stock tires...I'm having a hard time convincing the wife that I need new ones when these are perfect. I guess I'll just have to ride extra hard to try and blow one...that'll convince her I need new tires!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts