Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be in the southern part of the state this winter and would like to know what you guys do to keep the dust and dirt out of the engine? Is the stock filter good enough ? I was in Casa Grande and at times it was so dusty you couldn't see the car in front of you at times. Just want to do all I can and know you guys do it every day. Thanks

·
Registered
486 Posts
I have never really had a problem with the stock set up. Keep a clean filter in and it was good. I recently did the "grumpy mod" but haven't ridden enough for a good evaluation. I am south of Tucson, so I understand dusty riding. Good luck.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Clean the filter often.

We also have a rugged radio intercom system w two way. This allows cars to separate and not have to choke dust all the time.

Ruff

·
Registered
250 Posts
Wear a mask. That dust contains things that can make you very ill... It's called valley fever and can dang near kill you.... As far as your ride i believe it was UTV seals that sells nice seals that go inside your air box and make the seal very tight and you no longer need to ise grease around the filter. Also use the stock air filter... The silt like dust is way to fine for after market filters and if PoPo knows or figures out you used an after market filter and you fried your top end they won't warranty it...& I'm not joking about the valley feVer

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the info .i did hear of a UPS driver that got valley fever last year down in Casa Grande glad you reminded me

·
Registered
29 Posts
I will be in the southern part of the state this winter and would like to know what you guys do to keep the dust and dirt out of the engine? Is the stock filter good enough ? I was in Casa Grande and at times it was so dusty you couldn't see the car in front of you at times. Just want to do all I can and know you guys do it every day. Thanks
I ride in the dusty desert all the time outside the Phoenix area. I've just got in the habit of cleaning it every other ride. Only takes a few minutes. :redrzr:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts