Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 2021 TRE is now blue. Should have stuck with the gold. Now, it looks like all the other RZR's out there.

Polaris is following Honda's lead. . . . BNG for the new models.

·
Registered
5,223 Posts
I like the blue as well. Much better then some of the grays. Thing with color, can't please everyone. Polaris has not gone the way Yamaha did with the banshee. Had some really horrible color combination.

·
Registered
424 Posts
BNG is not enough reason to upgrade that's for sure. Give me a factory suspension seat! Fix some of the issues. Blue is not my choice, but everyone has a favorite. Blue does seem to take away from the TRE theme if you already own the gold rig. At least its not red or bright orange!!!

Some people buy a wrap for a custom look different from others. I see the need for a wrap after the sun has taken a toll as it has on my rig. It spends most of it's time outside all summer. Only in the shop while doing maintenance/repairs. I like the stock colors we have had fine. I would entertain a military theme, an all blacked out unit would be interesting with a few subtle colors.

Beyond BNG, Polaris should have addressed a few safety issues. We need an upgraded axle to deal with high torque on the axle nut. We need better prop shafts with larger joints and a heavy duty carrier bearing that last. We need a parking brake separate from the single hydraulic system. I like the hand brake on the Yamaha RMAX. That would be good on all RZRs. If they addressed these issues I would be tempted to upgrade no matter what color it is. BNG are boring and pointless IMO

Where is the TRE 4 seater?

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have several of my friends that have said they would buy a 4 seat TRE in a heart beat.

I like the gold on ours. Shoulda stuck with it. Makes it unique in a way. I do like the blue better than the baby poop brown of the 2020's

MSRP Price has held steady. Hasn't changed since I bought mine in 18.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I guess we could buy the 4 seat high lifter mud rig and swap wheels. I don't think they are the same, but it would be the closest we could get to a TRE 4 seater.

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
Well Gents' then we have have a limited for sure now- It's hard to tell on the blue new rig that's it even a T&R .. I still like the gold/black also- and really would not mind a price hile if they addressed even 1/2 of the issues that Pro4 Driver pointed out...

·
Registered
5,223 Posts
Has anyone stopped and thanked Polaris for making this model? Not long ago, there was one model and then one had to spend lots of time and money to build what one can buy off the floor. I think it is so cool of Polaris to offer such a model. Not something I would buy because of where I live.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Has anyone stopped and thanked Polaris for making this model?
No disrespect intended sandblster, but there are some real safety issues that continue to be ignored. BNG and no updated mechanical parts for 5 years? We paid plenty for the end product and it should be improved in the right places.

Yes I thanked them. Talked highly of the rig even when it fails me mechanically. Top reps are nice on the phone, listen to concerns so long as they don't have to pay for anything. They seemed to care and were surprised I was not cussing them out with threats of lawsuit. Surprised I was only trying to address an issue for the next guy by providing possible causes and ways to test material for defect. Said they would get back to me after safety team and engineers reviewed case.

I gave them no less than 5 opportunities to address my first axle failure before reporting it to the CPSC. Case was closed each time when I followed up on what they decided. Had to open a new case each time just to check on it?? I offered failed parts for testing to see if metal had not been properly harden or other parts to inspect. Filed a report through local dealership where they took many pics and a report, sent to Polaris mother ship. Sent them my own report with facts they requested and ideas to address it from an end user with decades of mechanical experience to share. CRICKETS

It's a great rig with some safety issues they could fix easy. They have innovative products, but focused on aesthetics and specs that sell with no plan to address safety concerns or weak areas. Hard to believe so few changes have been made to a rig that came out in 2017 that still has the same problems as far as I can tell. JMO

·
Registered
5,223 Posts
As they say, "two sides to every disagreement". Have watched video on how some use these machines. I would not warranty some things either. Talk about abuse. This is an old discussion. Some want everything covered and let all others pay for it. Some like to wreck a new machine and let the rest of us pay for there being stupid. It is called insurance. Not saying this is what your are doing. One needs to look at both sides. Me, if I break it, I pay for the fix.

There is nothing more destruction then spinning wheels suddenly getting a good bite. Have seen this over and over with snow and ice, add chains and a spinning wheel sudden finding pavement, POW, instant diff destruction in a normal bullet proof, good for several 100K miles. Look at the dedicated rock rigs. Talk about over built diff to withstand the stress of spinning wheels. They still tear stuff up regular. Me, I do not want to pay for a tank for the few who need a tank.

Do not know how many times this discussion has be had. A balance has to be found by Polaris, etc. for the 99% of users. The rest will never be satisfied.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Has anyone stopped and thanked Polaris for making this model? Not long ago, there was one model and then one had to spend lots of time and money to build what one can buy off the floor. I think it is so cool of Polaris to offer such a model. Not something I would buy because of where I live.

Amen!

I have lost count of how many times I have arrived at a place all backed up with RZR's or Jeeps. Trying to climb or get over an obstacle. 10 people guiding vehicles through, winches out and I just sit there waiting my turn with my wife. She asks if she needs to get out to do anything. Tell her "Nope. Here we go"

Given many friends a ride that have everything from XP turbos, XP1000 with 35"tires & portals, Can-am, Robby Gordon Wildcat editions. Even gave a friend with a new XP Pro a ride. Get to an obstacle and they say "you think you can do this? There is no way you can do this." Same reply, "here we go"

The TRE is a crawlin beast. It won't win any drag races, it rides like a bucking bronco going fast through whoop-te-doos and, it sucks in sand. Don't even think of taking it near a sand dunes unless you want to spend the day digging it out.

Take the TRE to Moab and do the Pickle. Its supposedly a one way trail. Unless you have a TRE. For fun, do it the proper direction. Get to the bottom and turn around and go back up the way you came. BTDT

This is an easy trail for a TRE- Like driving a golf cart, on the path, to the 14th hole at the country club.

·
Registered
424 Posts
As they say, "two sides to every disagreement". Have watched video on how some use these machines. I would not warranty some things either. Talk about abuse. This is an old discussion. Some want everything covered and let all others pay for it. Some like to wreck a new machine and let the rest of us pay for there being stupid. It is called insurance. Not saying this is what your are doing. One needs to look at both sides. Me, if I break it, I pay for the fix.
That's the thing. There is no two sides disputing a warranty. No request for warranty!!! I ordered parts and was rolling again in 3 days. Just ask to help find a solution to the ongoing issue. All they had to do was tell me to buy XYZ updated part or do new XYZ procedure to prevent the issue and update the manual to reflect the change. I only tried to prevent the next guy who didn't do anything to make this happen from being hurt or possible death. I don't abuse any of my long lasting fleet of powersports rigs. My race bike from 2001 still runs as new. Did 50 miles on it last week. I know others drive it like they stole it. I drive it like my daily jeep knowing it must get me to camp everyday all summer. It's not a warranty issue. Its a safety issue. 180ft lbs is just too much for the axle.

Take the time to read all the info on the axle nut torque issue. I know you don't have a TRE, but to understand the problem you need all the info.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I like that Polaris changes graphics frequently on the TRE. It makes them a little more unique on the trail. I haven't seen any bad graphics on the TRE yet. But if you don't like the color, just wait.

@Rockymtn5280 "Baby poop brown?" That's one I hadn't heard. LOL My wife and I love the 2020 military tan edition. We see it as a tribute to the military. Of course, we've both worked for the military since we were 18. So, we're a little partial.

Polaris Military SxS.png IMG_5140.jpg

Reactions: Rockymtn5280
1 - 13 of 13 Posts