Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 13 le that im interested in putting aftermarket shocks on, I have posted several things prior about this but I'm curious if it's really worth the price. After having elkas on my commander I'm really used to the firm but very responsive characteristics of them. Granted the two chassis handle very different, well any handling would have been nice on the commander in stock form. And what's a good price on the walker Evans ?

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
We are running them on both our 50"ers. I bought the MT springs first, that was a huge improvement then got one set of the WER's put the MT springs on the WER shocks. The ride was amazing for a 50" car. If you jump from one car to the other without the shock you can really tell the diff. I think it is worth putting some kind of aftermarket shock on the stock 50" RZR.

(just dont ride in a xp or s because it will remind you how bad your car is even with the WER shocks......lol)

·
Registered
134 Posts
When I bought My 12 - 50" that was the deciding factor.
Got Walker Evans shocks and better graphics for only $1,000 more.
That being said did not realize had Polaris springs so have aftermarket on order.
I love the on the fly clicker on reservoir style shocks.
The Walker Evans have held up well on some pretty hard / extreme riding, but only have about 50 hrs. and 600 miles.
I will say that they have been great in a lot of different situations, I just stop and adjust for what is to come on the trail / type of riding.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Definitely a worthwhile upgrade! Got mine new on ebay for @ $1100.

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
We are running them on both our 50"ers. I bought the MT springs first, that was a huge improvement then got one set of the WER's put the MT springs on the WER shocks. The ride was amazing for a 50" car. If you jump from one car to the other without the shock you can really tell the diff. I think it is worth putting some kind of aftermarket shock on the stock 50" RZR.

(just dont ride in a xp or s because it will remind you how bad your car is even with the WER shocks......lol)
So the Walker Evans shocks fit up with Steve's springs?

·
Registered
2,596 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
I agree about the springs. I just ordered new springs also.
Considering the WER's for my 50" but concerned here a little:

So.... are springs the same that come on the WER shocks from Polaris on the WER editions.... as the springs are when you buy WER shocks from the aftermarket ?

So if you buy WER shocks new from ebay or whatever, you should go ahead and plan to replace those springs too? That would be a drag.

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
No, the WE's from WE will have better springs than the WE's that come stock on the WE RZR
Yup, just found that out. If you want the shocks with no springs you have to call and tell them the diameter or at least the make of your aftermarket springs so they can send you the proper spring retainer, otherwise the WER shocks come with larger diameter springs...

·
Officially Addicted
694 Posts
They should come with a 2.5" I.d. spring. Which can be bought for around $50 new. Much less than making trax sells theirs for.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I've been REALLY happy with the WE shocks on the 50" (2008 RZR). Dramatic improvement over stock, worth every penny. I paid about $1,200 for them about three years ago. Obviously if you can get them on the machine for less than $1k (even if you have to replace springs) that's the way to go but they were worth adding.

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
I've been REALLY happy with the WE shocks on the 50" (2008 RZR). Dramatic improvement over stock, worth every penny. I paid about $1,200 for them about three years ago. Obviously if you can get them on the machine for less than $1k (even if you have to replace springs) that's the way to go but they were worth adding.

$1496 today without springs.

·
Premium Member
16,003 Posts
aftermarket shocks are better than stockers
and yes of course its worth the money,
i have wers on my standard and mt springs great
and afco,s silvers on my s with mt springs
both combinations are awesome,

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Yep, I have MT springs on my 2011 WE RZR - amazing ride quality!
Thanks, sounds like the ticket.

:camorzr:

Don't forget about Racer Tech springs too! I went with their normal rate spring upfront and a new progressive spring in the rear and wow what a difference ! :ride: :pint:

·
Registered
439 Posts
I sniped a pair from ebay for $800. They came with two different brands of springs. 170lbs, and 250lbs, It was kinda an odd ball deal. However they are excellent, leaps and bounds over the factory set.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well my 13 is suppose to have dual rate springs from the factory. Since this one Doesent at all it seems tippy in off camber stuff unlike my 10 was. I'm going to try the sway bar idea that a few people mentioned.

·
Registered
223 Posts
So I'm getting a 2013 Blue Fire LE 50" 800, they say it comes with dual rate springs, I'm also getting WE's shocks, Question, should i get the shocks with springs or use the Polaris dual rate springs on the WE shocks?

1 - 20 of 55 Posts