Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy had bought a 2010 rzr s without a transmission an motor for a good price but he found a motor now needs the transmission/ transfercase. Was just wondering if a 2012 or 2013 transmission will bolt up the same. Cant seem to find a used 2010 tranny and he doesnt want to have the low gear issue. but found a few 2012 and 2013s.

·
Premium Member
10,041 Posts
Have a 2011 for sale if it would work...im sure someone will chime in soon..

·
Registered
15,386 Posts
they made a small change to how it mounts to the bracket (between the trans and rear diff). don't remember what years or if it would cause a problem.

·
Vendor
4,175 Posts
You can use the newer cases in the 08-2010. Just tap out the one boss so you will have 3 bolts to mount it up and don't use the top offset bolt that the 11+ uses. We have done it. I just looked at the 2 trannys I have out in the floor. Hope that helps you out.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
dont buy a used 2010 transmission anyway unless its been rebuilt. Those are the ones that had the jumping out of gear problem that requires a $500 shaft upgrade to repair. I have one sitting on the floor of my shop right now. surprisingly enough the snap ring isnt bent on it. its fine....the bearings are shot though.

·
Registered
182 Posts
dont buy a used 2010 transmission anyway unless its been rebuilt. Those are the ones that had the jumping out of gear problem that requires a $500 shaft upgrade to repair. I have one sitting on the floor of my shop right now. surprisingly enough the snap ring isnt bent on it. its fine....the bearings are shot though.
Does the '09 RZR-S have this issue too, or is it in the '10's only?

·
Registered
284 Posts
You can use the newer cases in the 08-2010. Just tap out the one boss so you will have 3 bolts to mount it up and don't use the top offset bolt that the 11+ uses. We have done it. I just looked at the 2 trannys I have out in the floor. Hope that helps you out.
Have any transmissions you want to part with?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts