Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys here is my doubt.

i have already my audio system: alpine headunit, alpine class D 4 channel amp, pair of polk audio 6x9 and a pair of 8" double ended bazooka tubbie.

the sound is really good and loud, but as you all know always you want more...

i am thinking on buying a 10" subwoofer with a 5 channel alpine class "D" which is this one.
Alpine Marine PDX-5M Class D Digital PDX Amplifier

researching in the web I happen to found this mono amp, class D as well
Alpine PDX-1.600M (pdx1600m) - Marine Amplifiers - Sonic Electronix

I already have the 4 channel amp, and is cheaper for me just to buy one mono amp for the subwoofer, but my query is that the rzr 500w stator will provide enough power to the 2 batteries i carry.

i also have a 30" rigid industries led bar and a 3,000 lbs warn winch (qhich i never use)

thanks for your comments...

sergio,
mazatlan, mexico

·
In the swamp.
175 Posts
I'm running a 2000 watt 6 channel amp, two 10's and four 6.5 from the I-pod. I upgaded to a set of 6 volt batteries like you get in golf carts. the batt are AGM and sealed. I also have the 925l batt to run the rzr with the batt isolator. I can play the stereo for over 8 hours with no problems at all.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK, but do you put charge on the batteries from time to time, or the rzr stator charge them by itself???

what brand and model is that 2000 watt 6 channel amp???

thanks!

I'm running a 2000 watt 6 channel amp, two 10's and four 6.5 from the I-pod. I upgaded to a set of 6 volt batteries like you get in golf carts. the batt are AGM and sealed. I also have the 925l batt to run the rzr with the batt isolator. I can play the stereo for over 8 hours with no problems at all.

·
In the swamp.
175 Posts
OK, but do you put charge on the batteries from time to time, or the rzr stator charge them by itself???

what brand and model is that 2000 watt 6 channel amp???

thanks!

The amp is a pyle class d from e-bay. When I'm not in the rzr I always have a trickle charger on the 6volts wich makes 12 volts and one on the 925l. The 6volts are built to put out a even charge for a long period of time, like in a golf cart. you need to look for a high amp hour battery. thats the key, the odyssey batt puts out a quik charge to start the rzr.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Where in the world did you mount those batteries? They are huge...not to mention 75lbs a piece! Sorry to hijack the thread but I have 4 of those in my boat (4 amps running over 3000 watts RMS). I can also run my stereo in the boat for 8 hours at full blast with no problems!!!

Attachments

·
In the swamp.
175 Posts
Where in the world did you mount those batteries? They are huge...not to mention 75lbs a piece! Sorry to hijack the thread but I have 4 of those in my boat (4 amps running over 3000 watts RMS). I can also run my stereo in the boat for 8 hours at full blast with no problems!!!
Yes they are heavy, I have the AGM sealed batteries. which are a little bit smaller then the acid filled ones like in your boat. They are mounted in the front of the bed and there is plenty of room left for the speakers and a cooler. I'm not out to race, nor do I ride in the desert were weight and speed are factors. Just a nice trail ride with lots of friends,cold beer, and great Music. There is no handeling change to the rzr I did upgrade to the high lifter springs to help ditribute the weight.

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
You will need to charge your RZR. The extra battery gives you longer run time but your pulling more power then your charging.. A RZR only has something like 230-250 watts left over.
I would hate to carry the weight of 3 batteries.. Hell I'd hate to carry a full sized battery..

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
So how does this thing do as far as charging 2 batteries (stock battery and a full sized battery)???
Does fine if your not pulling much power.. Problem is most people with 2 batteries are pulling a lot of power most of the time.. So they dont charge.. Charging is simple.. You have X amount of amps for running stuff and charging your battery.. If you have say 20 amps and your pulling 22 amps then duh your not charging anything.. If your pulling say 18 amps then you have 2 amps left.. Ect, Ect.. You have 500 whats total.. When the RZR is running it uses about half that..

·
aka: Bad Influence
929 Posts
Utv Inc alternator kit will fix all your problems.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts