Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
101 - 114 of 114 Posts

·
Premium Member
2019 RZR XP4 1000
134 Posts
I was thinking of making an inverted spoiler wing but I'm afraid I would rip it of...

Reactions: Arcticzale

·
Registered
'21 Pro XP4 Ultimate Rockford Fosgate LE
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #105 ·
Haha, I'm off trail 8 about one mile West of Marquette. Cool ride man! I especially like the star light liner, pretty unique. (y)
I'm sure I've been right by your place then, we ride through that way a couple times every year. I always b!tch about the Harvey speed limits but make sure to stop at Lakenenland. Thanks for the compliment, pretty happy about this machine overall. It's the most comfortable riding machine we have had and makes the long days easier on the body for sure.

Once the border is open again we're going to plan a loop around Superior. Did it on snowmobiles (in 7 days) and the wife wants to do it on the machine (probably a lot longer than 8 days). Planning routes now, will let you know if we make Marquette an overnight stop - would be cool to meet up with someone from the forum. 👍

·
Registered
2021 Polaris Rzr XP PRO 4 Ultimate
3 Posts
I thought about it but figure for the price of the separator I can buy a lot of filters. I'm typically trail boss on rides so i don't have to contend with a lot of dust. May change my mind later, if you have any input I'd like to hear it.

I can't say the stereo is worth the upgrade, I know I could've built better cheaper (maybe) but it is a great setup from an OEM standpoint. I am adding a ground loop isolator and timed relay as I do have some power down issues giving feedback through the right front speaker. The deciding factor was really about the color and LE status. Pretty vain answer but having a limited supply of similar machines is a plus for me - even though I'll customize the heck out of it...
i too have the pop from right front speaker when shutting down my 21 pro ultimate. where can i find the fix that you did?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #107 ·
i too have the pop from right front speaker when shutting down my 21 pro ultimate. where can i find the fix that you did?
No fix yet, it's not released to my knowledge. Polaris will be sending an update for the ride command to download and install. In the interim I am just making sure that if I power up the key that it plays music before I shut it down. That has helped but it's still present.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #108 ·
I planned on running an ECM tune so as to not feel like I was being governed when the computer throttled back the motor at speed so I called Terry Gilomen at Gilomen Innovations and inquired on his setup. He's done all my Polaris machines in the past and I have never had an issue with anything that he wasn't prompt to help me fix so my loyalty brought me back there with this machine. The new Wideband Bosch ECM with his tune arrived this morning. Will be a bit before I get to the cabin to try it out and determine what changes I will make to my clutching. The updates will come accordingly.

Wheel and tire selection actually became MUCH more involved than it probably needed to be. I studied this forum for size recommendations and fitment issues then moved on to rotational inertia / mass formulas and impacts of wheel/tire weight on performance. I didn’t want to create a longer turn radius on this by adding forward arms so I limited my tire size to true 32” at most. I found the Maxxis Carnivore to be suitable for the various terrain I ride and the 32x10R15 8 ply was my best choice from a weight perspective. I looked into available wheels, compared their mass and found the MSA Diesel in 15”(+10mm offset) to be about the strongest and least amount of weight from the stock wheels. From stock I only added about 2.6 pounds per wheel/tire going to this setup. The equivalent impact on performance is like adding about 16.64 pounds of weight to a stock machine.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Looking forward to the installed pics! I'd be interested in your stock set, if you're selling! Road trip from the north shore of Lake Superior!(y)

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #110 ·
Looking forward to the installed pics! I'd be interested in your stock set, if you're selling! Road trip from the north shore of Lake Superior!(y)
North shore?!? Know a couple folks that way, you in Ontario or by the Boundary Waters?

Probably won't part with the wheels but appreciate the offer. With a limited build I want to keep the stockers for the next owner. Will certainly get some pics up, but I'm on the road a few weeks. Also have some solutions for airflow to control intake dust that I have to get installed.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I'm in MN, plenty close to the Boundary Waters! We ride right along the border (both BW and Canada) with wheelers and sleds. Got to be careful on some of the lakes in winter, as some aren't marked well, and the line runs down the middle! Keep up the great work, lots of great ideas!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #112 ·
I'm in MN, plenty close to the Boundary Waters! We ride right along the border (both BW and Canada) with wheelers and sleds. Got to be careful on some of the lakes in winter, as some aren't marked well, and the line runs down the middle! Keep up the great work, lots of great ideas!
Love the boundary waters, Gunflint trail is great! I run through there every couple years or so. Like to do some Caribou Island cruising too. The ride from Kakabeka Falls to Gunflint is pretty great in the winter as well (when there's enough snow) but I've never been in the summer. I'm about opposite across the lake where Superior meets the St Mary's river. 👍

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #113 · (Edited)
Finally got to get the wheels and tires installed this evening. I went with the MSA M12 Diesel in 15" because it was the lightest 15" wheel I liked and the 32x10r15 Maxxis Carnivore. These tires served me well on my ranger and work great for my riding style on our trails up here so after much debate I decided to stay with them. I do really like the look, but kinda wish the wheels were gunmetal to match the roll bar like the stock ones. May have to paint or powder coat these over the winter.

I also installed a new ECM from Gilomen Innovations at the same time. Frankly, I'm impressed. The combo matched up really well in my road runs with the factory clutching and my rpm stayed from 8500-8600 on shift out with just me in it. Throw another couple in the back seat and I'm sure it'll run right at my target 8400-8500. (Excuse the mess in the garage here, been a chaotic summer)
20210723_194359.jpg
20210723_201052.jpg

20210723_214820.jpg

Have some wheel rings LEDs that'll fit around the brake rotor and should look pretty sharp. That'll be a fall install once I confirm they won't interfere with the tracks.
20210723_214829.jpg

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #114 · (Edited)
Also installed the wind wings I made. Saw @Roger Lee "s post in another section and liked the idea of drawing clean air back to reduce the low pressure areas. Just made this set using Ram Mount arms and some black plexi. I'm hoping for good results, thanks for the idea. Raining here tonight so won't get to test for dust tomorrow, will update accordingly when it dries up.

20210723_214759.jpg

20210723_214751.jpg

101 - 114 of 114 Posts