Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

21 - 40 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
‘19 XP4T - Madigan cage/doors, Eibach springs, 32” bfg’s, PRP seats/harnesses, etc. etc.
119 Posts
I’m looking forward to see how this turns out. I want the enclosure as well. My buddy has one on his and it’s pretty nice on those cold windy days. You planning on putting different wheels and tires on it?

·
Registered
'21 Pro XP4 Ultimate Rockford Fosgate LE
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I’m looking forward to see how this turns out. I want the enclosure as well. My buddy has one on his and it’s pretty nice on those cold windy days. You planning on putting different wheels and tires on it?
I havent decided on wheels yet. I've run Carnivores since they came out, had them on my Ranger on 15" MSA diesel wheels. Like the combination and the M12 diesel wheel are the lightest wheels out there. I got into rotating mass comparisons and it was a great combination to tune the clutches to. I want to run this to see how it does with this setup before changing it up. The Carnivore are available in a 32 for the 15" wheel and that may be what I do if I upgrade, but bead locks might serve me better here. Long answer for what is basically "I haven't decided yet."

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Spare tire and mount?
I've actually never carried a spare but like the look of the Polaris rear rack and considered it. I do however keep a ViaAir compressor, plug kit, and when going really far from home a tire tube. Plugged a sidewall once with 17 plugs and it got me out of 150 miles of bush in northern Ontario. Also, always keep some rubber cement with the plug kit as well.

·
Registered
‘19 XP4T - Madigan cage/doors, Eibach springs, 32” bfg’s, PRP seats/harnesses, etc. etc.
119 Posts
I havent decided on wheels yet. I've run Carnivores since they came out, had them on my Ranger on 15" MSA diesel wheels. Like the combination and the M12 diesel wheel are the lightest wheels out there. I got into rotating mass comparisons and it was a great combination to tune the clutches to. I want to run this to see how it does with this setup before changing it up. The Carnivore are available in a 32 for the 15" wheel and that may be what I do if I upgrade, but bead locks might serve me better here. Long answer for what is basically "I haven't decided yet."
Haha I like hearing the thought process. I looked up those wheels, they look cool.

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
I've actually never carried a spare but like the look of the Polaris rear rack and considered it. I do however keep a ViaAir compressor, plug kit, and when going really far from home a tire tube. Plugged a sidewall once with 17 plugs and it got me out of 150 miles of bush in northern Ontario. Also, always keep some rubber cement with the plug kit as well.
Thank you for the reply....I think....I ended up buying the items you mentioned above and they are on the way to my home.....it’s just money! Thank you again for the reply!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 · (Edited)
So we put a few hundred miles on it over the weekend, really happy with this unit- the auto volume control on the ride command set on high works great to keep the audio above the engine noise. I'm going to figure out if the gain on the Sub amp is adjustable internally so I'll be pulling that tonight. Last night I figured out the wiring and install of the front view camera I bought for $9.00 (as I wasn't paying the $100 Polaris was asking). The camera I bought (actually bought 3 of them, more on that later) is from eBay and called 170° CMOS Car Front/Rear View Backup Camera Reverse 8LED Night Vision Waterproof . I made an offer for $9 for 3 and it was accepted.

The wiring is preinstalled on the Pro XP4 Ultimate and can be found under the passenger side front fender above the radiator:
20210410_082733.jpg

The wiring colors from Polaris on this loom are:
Blue= main power
Brown=main ground
Yellow=Camera Picture Feed
White=Camera Picture Loop (ground)

The RCA cable on the camera needs to be stripped to show the Yellow Camera Feed and Black for Camera Ground.

20210410_100928.jpg

The green and white wires on the camera end both need to be clipped and sealed if you want to have a true front view (mirrored image otherwise and the backup lines show up on screen).
20210410_100943.jpg

I have a 4 way camera splitter I'll be installing to give a panoramic view of the machine when shifted into reverse which is why I bought 3 cameras, that will be a later post and for those that want the front camera on a budget this post is how you'll achieve it.

·
Registered
2021 Pro XP Ultimate
46 Posts
Thanks Arcticzale! Great, helpful post.

Reactions: Arcticzale

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
What are you planning on doing to insulate it?
Not a whole lot planned for insulation right now, will seal it up better before I get to winter riding. My heater in the ranger worked really well and hopefully this one is just as good so insulation will likely be minimal. Should have the heater installed by next week along with the rest of my electrical add-ons. So far I have installed Noico butyl sound deadening mat behind the rear panels, have 1/2" soundcoat acoustic foam to fill the flat areas of the poly roof before putting the headliner in. Sealing up between the front and rear lower doors is a concern and I'm waiting for my inner door close off panels for the front before figuring that out. Those are on backorder until the 29th according to my dealer. The seal on the tip out windshield has a few gaps on the top and bottom edges and that require some automotive weather stripping to stop drafts, will post pictures once I get to this stuff.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 · (Edited)
Parts are rolling in and the most time consuming project was the headliner. Visited a local salvage yard and picked up a headliner from a 2003 Chevrolet Trailblazer and covered it with a foam backed suede. First trimmed it to fit with the roof openings:
20210407_202023.jpg

Then used 3M headliner adhesive to hold the suede on, laid it down working from the middle out:
Resized_20210409_194318.jpeg

The reason for this was to install a Chinly Light Engine with fiber optic leads to give a StarLight effect. Here's the light engine I ordered off Amazon:

Screenshot_20210317-155711_Samsung Internet.jpg

Had to get creative to keep everything in order. We separated the sizes and then made quadrants with color coded random dots to pattern out the process with each fiber size and used the larger sizes to form constellations:
20210410_200635.jpg

Fortunately I kept an old trellis to use as a stand for holding the fiber cables once they were separated. The Chinly kit came with 3 drill bits (.03in, .04in, .06in) that we installed in a Dremel and used to drill the holes before feeding the fiber cable through the liner.
Resized952021041095162241.jpg

There were many test fits and while this post is short the process was not. If anyone actually wants to do this know that it is very time consuming. Frankly it'll be the last one we ever bother to do. I think I'm just too picky and while it does give a really cool effect it's the labor that the wife and daughter put into this that made me realize it's way more than I would have dedicated to it if I was doing the work alone. They had about 8 hours time each on running the fiber and installing. I had 5 test fits and trims and here's a quick shot of the first test:

And the final product:
Watch "RZR Pro XP4 StarLight Headliner" on YouTube

·
Premium Member
2019 RZR XP4 1000
116 Posts
That is crazy cool!

·
Premium Member
3,628 Posts
WOW !! thats a new one ...(y)

·
Premium Member
2019 RZR XP4 1000
116 Posts
What did the MSA wheels weigh? I think my RZR Turbo S 15in wheels are a little under 14lbs. Need to double check.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Installed a 30" Xprite chase light and was really impressed with the quality. With the rigid light being almost 5 times the price it was an easy purchase to make at under $90. I was surprised at the high quality of the build and components. The wiring from the light to dash switch was just the perfect length to run through the cage to the dash, almost as though it was designed with the Pro-XP4 in mind. However I did need to remove the plastic insulator cap from the wire harness to get it through the hole in the rear of the cage, then reinstalled it once the wire was up under the dash. The light output is amazing and the one I chose uses amber and green for the flashers (best colors in snow and dust conditions IMO).

20210428_063717.jpg

Instructions we basic but useful.
20210427_222327.jpg

Did have to tweak one side of the mount to fit with the rollbar clamps I used, but otherwise it fit really well between the rear bars and tucked under the roof lip.
20210425_110931.jpg

I'm still waiting on the Delphi 150 Metri-Pack connectors for the taillight lead so I can make the outside lights of this bar interface with the running and brake lights of the machine. Will post a video of it operating once those are in and I can make the adapter for the harness.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 · (Edited)
Started the heater install tonight. It took a bit longer than I had planned for mostly because the instructions were written for a standard model without the subwoofer. Ended up pulling all the wiring I had tied up in the dash to be able to remove it. It was necessary to get the console out as there are 2 push pins that were up under the dash and couldnt be reached with the subwoofer in place. Unfortunately the right component speaker has to be removed (take it out through the topside) before the subwoofer can be pulled. Here's a picture of where the push pins are on the passenger side top. The one circled is the rear and another one about 6" forward of it that also has to be removed.
20210430_213250.jpg

The amp for the sub has a 16pin harness on the inboard side and unfortunately there are no external gain adjustments on this amplifier.
20210428_200537.jpg

The instructions said to remove all the seats but with the Click-6 harnesses that's more than I had the ambition to do. I was able to remove the center tunnel with the seats just loose and pushed aside and didn't have to remove the harnesses and retractors.
20210428_201342.jpg

Rear seat bottoms fold out of the way and it helped to have them while working from the back seat.
20210428_201358.jpg

Polaris did a really good job engineering the system and fortunately someone had a brilliant idea to include adhesive backed patterns for the needed cuts. Made the process very user friendly. And Polaris must have known I'd have the exact size step bit needed to put the holes in for the defrost tube. #lucky
20210430_180027.jpg

20210430_184555.jpg

While I had this apart I decided to run the rest of my wiring for accessories. I don't like to do things more than once so I'm not known to cut corners. Building my electrical harnesses out of GXL wire to be installed to ABYC standards, spun, placed in wiring loom, zip tied every 6"
20210430_183814.jpg

For anyone who has never spun wires before putting them in loom it makes it a lot easier to get the loom on. I just use an anchor to tie off one end and spin the other end of the wires slowly with a drill.
20210430_182907.jpg

Will come back and add more about the actual installation of the heater once I wrap up the wiring runs.

·
Premium Member
2019 RZR XP4 1000
116 Posts
I was feeling good about wiring my horn relay thought my B&M shifter button, centering my steering wheel and moving the speaker wire zip ties from the previous owner so they were less visible.... meanwhile you created a climate controlled planetarium.... Looking like another killer build, thanks for sharing!

21 - 40 of 105 Posts