Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
'21 Pro XP4 Ultimate Rockford Fosgate LE
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to RZR but not new to the SxS world. I like to document my builds and recently decided to put my Ranger Crew we have for winter track riding out to summer use on property only. Wife wants something sporty so here we are with the 2021 Pro XP4 Ultimate Rockford Fosgate edition. This build will get technical as my other builds have,
(Arcticz Limited Crew 900 build, still a work in progress (picture heavy)
Arcticz Limited Crew 900 build, still a work in progress... ). So
please feel free to comment or ask questions.

Mods- I cannot create hyperlinks or add pictures, is there a minimum post count to do so? If so, what is that limit?

I'll be coming back periodically to add to the build and will add pictures, links, tips, and details accordingly. This build will be for trail use in Michigans Upper Peninsula. Up here we ride mixed trails of hard pack rail grade, sand, shale and on occasion what I affectionately call Loonshat mud (black saturated soil with seemingly no bottom). We ride all year, so the full enclosure is a must, and I have an affinity for party lights so that's probably going to be a big part of this too.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Went with the Poly TipOut windshield, not a fan of the mount setup and while I spent an hour getting the lower straps for the struts in place I'll likely replace them with rivnut fixtures and power actuators in the future.
20210409_171921.jpg

Resized952021040995192448.jpg

Resized952021040995184446.jpg

·
Premium Member
3,467 Posts
Put her in the shop with .9 miles on it and the wife promply got to filling out the build WhiteBoard.

I love the color ... I wish my wife was as supportive as yours when it comes to spending money on the RZR.
If my wife made a list like that at the end it would say ...Kill Husband ...:oops:

I look forward to watching your build

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I love the color ... I wish my wife was as supportive as yours when it comes to spending money on the RZR.
If my wife made a list like that at the end it would say ...Kill Husband ...:oops:

I look forward to watching your build
Yeah, she's a keeper for sure! 😁 She's been out in the barn with me about every night and really taken a load off of me for getting things done. Might have something to do with the fact that this build is really for her. 🤔 I wanted to get a bigger boat, she decided comfort in the woods was a bigger priority and Happy Wife=Happy Ride. 😎

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I called Motoalliance about the mounts for the ProXP and whether a Widespool was going to work and was pleased to hear they had finished a mount and it was available. I ordered the 6000# Elite Widespool Winch and mounting kit from them and it arrived quickly. Install was easy with the pulse bar but I'm probably going to have to modify the bumper fascia a bit to make it easier to get my paws in and turn the knob for free spool. The wireless remote for the Motoalliance winch is great, had one on my Ranger and won't ever go back. The 60' of cable on the widespool will be nice for snatch block pulls.
20210411_152129.jpg

Went to a local salvage yard and got a headliner out of a Trailblazer that's going to work great with our poly sport roof, some trimming required and will post later about the other plans with this. Cost on the headliner was $15, guy at the salvage place said nobody buys them so they typically just leave it in the car when they crush them. Beats making one from scratch, which was my original plan.
20210407_202023.jpg

20210406_195653.jpg

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Upper doors went on well, but make sure you take off the door outer skins before doing it. While the instructions don't say that, you'll need to.
20210411_163548.jpg

20210411_195342.jpg

After getting the upper door kit installed it was time to get to the rear window in. I ordered the glass rear window from Dirt Warrior Accessories in Utah and was happy with the build quality. However it was designed for the aluminum roof, so the mount points of the Poly Roof required trimming(pictures later). It's a very nice fit on the piece, and once the roof mount tabs are accounted for it fit right in.
Resized_20210411_192942.jpg

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
Very nice build thread so far. I see in the pictures that you have some foam pieces that fit under the hood and front fenders. What are they for and where did you get them.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Very nice build thread so far. I see in the pictures that you have some foam pieces that fit under the hood and front fenders. What are they for and where did you get them.
Those are part of the cab seal kit, they actually are included with the upper enclosures but I believe can be purchased separately. The fit was spot on with the fender and hood. I did use some commercial 2 sided adhesive on the pieces that go under hood to keep them in place. The outer pieces had velcro sets pre installed to hold them in place and make for easy removal for servicing.

Part number for the upper door kit on the 4 seater is 2884665

·
Registered
‘19 XP4T - Madigan cage/doors, Eibach springs, 32” bfg’s, PRP seats/harnesses, etc. etc.
117 Posts
Is the stereo worth the upgrade? I’m planning on getting the ultimate but looking at the fosgate as well. What made you pick that one?

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
I didn’t see the S&B Particle Separator. Now is the best time to install one as you have the unit taken apart. I wasn’t going to get one for mine but when I realized it would be easier earlier as opposed to later I installed the unit.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I didn’t see the S&B Particle Separator. Now is the best time to install one as you have the unit taken apart. I wasn’t going to get one for mine but when I realized it would be easier earlier as opposed to later I installed the unit.
I thought about it but figure for the price of the separator I can buy a lot of filters. I'm typically trail boss on rides so i don't have to contend with a lot of dust. May change my mind later, if you have any input I'd like to hear it.

Is the stereo worth the upgrade? I’m planning on getting the ultimate but looking at the fosgate as well. What made you pick that one?
I can't say the stereo is worth the upgrade, I know I could've built better cheaper (maybe) but it is a great setup from an OEM standpoint. I am adding a ground loop isolator and timed relay as I do have some power down issues giving feedback through the right front speaker. The deciding factor was really about the color and LE status. Pretty vain answer but having a limited supply of similar machines is a plus for me - even though I'll customize the heck out of it...

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
I thought about it but figure for the price of the separator I can buy a lot of filters. I'm typically trail boss on rides so i don't have to contend with a lot of dust. May change my mind later, if you have any input I'd like to hear it.
I guess it depends if you are always the lead dog or not......in my case I can’t be sure.....

·
Registered
2019 RZR XP4 1000
72 Posts
Arctic, love seeing you here! Miss the PRC crew since my move to the RZR side.

Corbin used to offer a really nice backup light, at least for the regular XP, that tied into the shifter sensor on the transmission but have discontinued it. I am installing a B&M gated shifter that has two momentary switches and using the top one for my horn button, along with a dash momentary, and the bottom switch for my backup lights, along with a regular dash switch override. I like the idea of an automatic but this was easy.

Reactions: Arcticzale

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Arctic, love seeing you here! Miss the PRC crew since my move to the RZR side.

Corbin used to offer a really nice backup light, at least for the regular XP, that tied into the shifter sensor on the transmission but have discontinued it. I am installing a B&M gated shifter that has two momentary switches and using the top one for my horn button, along with a dash momentary, and the bottom switch for my backup lights, along with a regular dash switch override. I like the idea of an automatic but this was easy.
Good to see you as well my man! Hope the new threads are eating up the dunes!! I was trying to figure out how I'm going to do the backup lights, not as easy on these as the Ranger. I looked at some of the kits but the possibility of putting one on a switch is small. I'd rather have it automatic, once I get the center tunnel apart I'll have a better idea of whether I can draw off the shifter or if i tie in at the transmission. That's probably a next week item anyway, hoping to get this on the trail for a ride we have planned for Saturday so I'm prioritizing more than usual. I hadn't expected to take it as the upper doors were backordered til May 11th but I found a dealer that had a set available about 3 hours away. Now that I have them I want to get a break in ride done Friday so we can run it Saturday. Went from "I have tons of time" to "get it done" in a hurry when the windshield showed up. Selling dealer ordered it back in beginning of March and I had no idea it was coming until the UPS app told me i had a delivery coming that day.

Appreciate the tip on the backup light but think I have it covered with spare parts from prior builds. Took an inventory and forgot how much crap i have leftover from changed plans etc... probably a few miles of speaker wire that don't help with this build. Lots of GXL though. 👍👍
20210406_195608.jpg

20210406_195614.jpg

20210406_195621.jpg

1 - 20 of 53 Posts