Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Working at a Polaris, Arctic Cat and Suzuki dealership I sometimes run across a deal I can't pass up. 2009 Z1 turbo sled complete and low miles for $5000. For those who don't know its a 1056cc inline twin cylinder turbo charged 177hp sled. Has any of you master craftsmen done or tried this engine swap? I would think it should be do able being I can get the whole sled. Any thoughts? :popcorn

This is done! http://www.rzrforums.net/engine-drivetrain/engine-drivetrain/engine-driv...uild-pics.html

·
Registered
15,386 Posts
Did you buy the MCX stage 2 kit for your Polaris engine?

I don't know about the Z1 sled, but MCX has started putting turbo Apex sled engines in the RZR.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Working at a Polaris, Arctic Cat and Suzuki dealership I sometimes run across a deal I can't pass up. 2009 Z1 turbo sled complete and low miles for $5000. For those who don't know its a 1056cc inline twin cylinder turbo charged 177hp sled. Has any of you master craftsmen done or tried this engine swap? I would think it should be do able being I can get the whole sled. Any thoughts? :popcorn:
Any updates???

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Working at a Polaris, Arctic Cat and Suzuki dealership I sometimes run across a deal I can't pass up. 2009 Z1 turbo sled complete and low miles for $5000. For those who don't know its a 1056cc inline twin cylinder turbo charged 177hp sled. Has any of you master craftsmen done or tried this engine swap? I would think it should be do able being I can get the whole sled. Any thoughts? :popcorn:
Any updates???
X.2,It will be a beast if you did it?

·
Registered
223 Posts
dude if you haven't done the engine swap yet ill buy the sled from ya!
TOO late,

I p.m.'d him a while ago, he let the sled go.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Any updates???
X.2,It will be a beast if you did it?
Nope he didn't do it, but I'm seriously looking at doing it over the winter.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
FYI the cat motor is cheaper and more relible than all the big bore, big valve, strocker turbo charged polaris engine. I had about $ 15,000 in my polaris engine. Complete Performance MCX turbo $5500. MCX StageII kit $5500. Proline cylinder head $1200. Had trouble with the big bore cylinder so I bought a Trinity cylinder $1200. Then I tried stock cylinder with Weisco pistons $400. FYI the stock cylinder with the strocker crank made the most power. It also had the most turbo lag. Anyhow dyna tech ing. and a boat load of gaskets and mis. parts it's problely over $15,000.
Bought a 2009 z1 turbo xlr from Thomas Sno Sports in MN for $6600. Got the engine mounts from Chad at Wasteland Performance. Have not got the bill for those yet Chad:rollfinger:. Bought a different water to air intercooler from Dave at Complete Preformance $300. And about $500 in mis. like a belt and oil ect. About 100hrs. in labor because I'm not a fabricator. Alot of work but well worth it. All that power from a completely stock engine and so far 0 problems. Makes a xp look like a rihno.
Tried uploading some pics. but the files are to big. Went to Hub City Dragway and it ran 12.9 at 94mph. Waiting on a Hijacker 2.0 then it should make the triple digits. I'll keep tring to up load some pics.

·
Registered
73 Posts
i am very very interested in hearing more about this. and how did you get a kit from chad at wasteland? i cant get a hold of him

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sorry for not having pics. My wifes camera has like a billon mega pixels so I need to compress or resize them some how. As soon as I figure it out I will start a new thread. And when my Hijacker 2.0 shows up I will get some vids from the 1/4 mile strip.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Sorry for not having pics. My wifes camera has like a billon mega pixels so I need to compress or resize them some how. As soon as I figure it out I will start a new thread. And when my Hijacker 2.0 shows up I will get some vids from the 1/4 mile strip.
I have the same problem uploading pictures, let me know how ya solve this.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have the same problem uploading pictures, let me know how ya solve this.
It's a windows photo program that was already in my computer. Just pick your pictures that you want on the web edit and resize them for the web about 180 KB. It was very easy once someone showed me.:hihi:

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
1 - 20 of 50 Posts