I think they go for around 10K

·
I just wanna ride
3,641 Posts
Take off the K and I might able to swing it

·
◄►STARS & STRIPES◄►
3,832 Posts
Price quoted to me was $18500.00 last week.
That's actually a reasonable price considering what is going into your machine.. I don't believe there is any machines out there that powerful aside from modifying the RAZR so much that it's hardly a RAZR.. Both the Weber and and Apex require mods but the Apex...There's no hiding that one...

Help a guy out..let's see if we can get numbers.. I know Weber has a 130hp, 180hp, and 220hp setup (that vie read about) isn't the RZRX or RAZR-X as I call it, 300+ hp?

Now the Weber need some frame work, I saw the modification and from a fabricators point of view it looks rather simple with their kit.. I think the Apex is straight turn-key right?? You have to drop it off?? I've looked at the Apex threads and all, but like most they are the "excited" after the fact threads..you don't really see where the money is actually going...Me actually seeing in a video what wasteland racing was doing with the Weber setup completely shut me up about the cost..... I even looked up the snow machines/Sleds or "snowmobiles" for southerners that these come out of....much $$$$, just plain $$$.. The RAZR-X (to me) is stretched just enough to make it pass more for a sand rail than a RAZR..That's just-MHO.. If I was at this time to go with a "major swap" it would be the one that doesn't change the actual dimensions of the "body"...

Would I complain about either..HEEECK NO!! they are beautiful machines.. I guess I truly fit in that crowd that will be very happy at 70-75hp at the wheels.. K&T, MCX, Holtz Stg. III ect.... Even with advanced clutching to get in the 70s for speed, 70-75hp is just plenty for me..some say that's not enough (compairing again other machines coming out at 1000cc) but with the RAZRs weight ratio and amazingly low center of gravity and just plain fun..I have no doubt..absolutely ZERO, that 900cc would beat them...even saw some recent videos of the turbo VS. the competition both at around 70-75 hp each (I think, wasn't sure what stage turbo) none-the-less, she pulled away with ease...

Good luck if you want an APEX in your RAZR-4... it would be one heck of a vehicle..

·
Just kidding!
10,756 Posts
problem is you have to start out by buying a complete snow machine then it requires custom fabrication to get it in.Adds up to allot of time and money you do get some money back for the unused snow machine parts

·
King of crash!
31,882 Posts
Price quoted to me was $18500.00 last week.
That's actually a reasonable price considering what is going into your machine.. I don't believe there is any machines out there that powerful aside from modifying the RAZR so much that it's hardly a RAZR.. Both the Weber and and Apex require mods but the Apex...There's no hiding that one...

Help a guy out..let's see if we can get numbers.. I know Weber has a 130hp, 180hp, and 220hp setup (that vie read about) isn't the RZRX or RAZR-X as I call it, 300+ hp?

Now the Weber need some frame work, I saw the modification and from a fabricators point of view it looks rather simple with their kit.. I think the Apex is straight turn-key right?? You have to drop it off?? I've looked at the Apex threads and all, but like most they are the "excited" after the fact threads..you don't really see where the money is actually going...Me actually seeing in a video what wasteland racing was doing with the Weber setup completely shut me up about the cost..... I even looked up the snow machines/Sleds or "snowmobiles" for southerners that these come out of....much $$$$, just plain $$$.. The RAZR-X (to me) is stretched just enough to make it pass more for a sand rail than a RAZR..That's just-MHO.. If I was at this time to go with a "major swap" it would be the one that doesn't change the actual dimensions of the "body"...

Would I complain about either..HEEECK NO!! they are beautiful machines.. I guess I truly fit in that crowd that will be very happy at 70-75hp at the wheels.. K&T, MCX, Holtz Stg. III ect.... Even with advanced clutching to get in the 70s for speed, 70-75hp is just plenty for me..some say that's not enough (compairing again other machines coming out at 1000cc) but with the RAZRs weight ratio and amazingly low center of gravity and just plain fun..I have no doubt..absolutely ZERO, that 900cc would beat them...even saw some recent videos of the turbo VS. the competition both at around 70-75 hp each (I think, wasn't sure what stage turbo) none-the-less, she pulled away with ease...

Good luck if you want an APEX in your RAZR-4... it would be one heck of a vehicle..
i think cliffs apex is around 200 or so hp...none have been dynoed yet...so their a guess

·
Registered
919 Posts
Ouch.....18k plus say 10k for a used RZR. Your almost to the cost of a basic used LS engine long travel car, different vehicle type of course. It looks like a bunch of work to get that thing in so I can understand the high cost, but its still a wow!. Watching the videos, sure looks like a fun ride.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Ya for that much I'd buy a full size LT sand car as these Apex RZR's look like they're great for the dunes but thats about it... can't imagine taking one anywhere else. It would be bad ass though to roll up to Olds hill in one and spank a lot of the big cars. Nice to be different but at a certain point you gotta decide if its worth it to ya... for me thats a lot of coin for a SXS.

·
Registered
15,386 Posts
I know Trey has orders, both confirmed and pending.. and that they have been busy building them.
I don't know how many there are now.

·
Registered
15,386 Posts
MCXpress in Sweden has built turbo kits for the Apex sleds since the Apex came out in 2006.
Depending on boost level you can run them from 200hp and up.
I think 10psi of boost is about 230hp on pump gas.
15psi of boost is the max on pump gas and gives you about 300hp I think.
Then you can start using race fuel mix and modify the engine to go to 400hp and beyond.
Here is a dyno chart from their website:

·
Registered
15,386 Posts
In case you need the conversion...

100kpa of boost is about 14.5psi

85 lambda is about 12.5 AFR

200 NM is about 148 ft/lbs

1 - 20 of 61 Posts