Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

anyway to tell if 09 has a clutch spacer?

1K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  botrod 
#1 ·
I have an early 09 and I'm wondering if there is anyway to determine if it has a clutch spacer without taking it apart. Any hints folks?

I seem to hit the rev limiter before she is done climbing speed if that tells anything.

#9 ·
I found your question rather interesting.....soooo, since I couldn't answer (mine is a aug 08), I just called Mike (not a forum mike) our Local Polaris tech mech head Mike.. He said that he has seen spacers in 09 through june - July...... I asked if all of them had the spacer and if the dates were exact..
He just said "honestly, I rip em' apart everyday, that's about the time frame that comes to mind"

So there are 09's w/ spacers... As for you not wanting do " all that work" it's 8 bolts man:) no big deal, then you know for sure. Then you can decide to keep it or toss it! Cheers, Mike

#10 ·
I've read on here somewhere in another post about these spacers that Oct. 1 was the cutoff for the spacers on the 2009 models.

#13 ·
Mine was Aug. 09 with the rapid reaction and had the spacer. Gone now. I did shread a belt just after I took it off but, it also had 850 miles on that belt. 1200 on it now and the new belt is just fine. Had a spare with me thinking it might go with that many miles on it anyway.

#14 ·
Mystery solved. It did indeed have one. It was an easy removal and made an incredible difference. with the spacer in and about 350lbs in it, it would go 55 when it hit the rev limiter. I just tested after removal with 475lb load and it reached 60-61. It may even climb more I just ran out of area. I'm going to take off the windshield and reduce the weight and try again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.