Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! So I'm sitting here at the popo dealership signing the papers on my new xp4! I plan on picking up some Diablo Beadlocks for it right away through wheelie boy. The only problem is that I want some black rims with the machined rings. Is there anyone on here that wanted the machined rims with black rings and we can have wheelie boy swap them before shipping them out?

·
Premium Member
727 Posts
Sorry Allen, all I hear is crickets in this thread. Instead of trading them out, why not just have them powder coated silver? May cost you a few bucks more, but at least you wouldn't have to wait.

Good luck!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Bones. I'll probably end up doing that. I like the durability of non powder coated rings though. Maybe I'll just get the machined rims. Decisions, decisions...

H

·
0 Posts
Throw the rings on a belt sander maybe? Maybe I'm dumb but that's what I'd do if I wanted "machined" rings on my Diablos..matter of fact I may just do that..LOL

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Funny. I like the diablo's also but wanted a black rim with brushed ring and coulsdn't get it. I don't think you are alone with this quest. Mfg need to listen.

H

·
0 Posts
Phone pic but it gives an idea of the close up result..
Good enough for me for a set of RZR wheels. :)

H

·
0 Posts
Beautiful, I'd say that is about as cheap and simple as it gets. Plus, it still has the nice black accents in the pockets. Well done.
Thanks!
And thanks to the OP for reminding me I wanted to do this. I also wanted machined rings when I bought my Diablos..but I would have had to buy a second set at almost 1/2 the cost of the wheels.

·
RZR Junky.....
2,718 Posts
Phone pic but it gives an idea of the close up result..
Good enough for me for a set of RZR wheels. :)
That looks awesome good job! It is amazing what the simple cheap things can do for appearance.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Beautiful, I'd say that is about as cheap and simple as it gets. Plus, it still has the nice black accents in the pockets. Well done.
Thanks!
And thanks to the OP for reminding me I wanted to do this. I also wanted machined rings when I bought my Diablos..but I would have had to buy a second set at almost 1/2 the cost of the wheels.
Looks great! Looks like we have a winner! I don't know why I didn't think of this. I actually did this to my oldest Glock years ago for a two tone look when I was bored. Man, I had pretty much given up and was just going to put the money towards a set of paddle tires. Looks like I'll be picking up a set of diablo Beadlocks after all! Thanks Highoctane!:beer3:

H

·
0 Posts
Here's kind of a before and after...just for reference..I like it both ways not so sure I like it better with the machined rings..but I don't dislike the looks. You know what they say about opinions :)

Thanks!
Looks great! Looks like we have a winner! I don't know why I didn't think of this. I actually did this to my oldest Glock years ago for a two tone look when I was bored. Man, I had pretty much given up and was just going to put the money towards a set of paddle tires. Looks like I'll be picking up a set of diablo Beadlocks after all! Thanks Highoctane!:beer3:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts