Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if anyone has one of those trailers with living quarters on the rear and a deck on the front for toys. Pros/cons of this type of rv? :camorzr:Sorry I don't know how to put pic up for example.

·
Premium Member
4,381 Posts
Wolf Pack makes several models like that. I looked into it but the ones I found loaded from the side and the RZR would not fit sideways and I didn't think I could bounce it to get it setting longways so went another direction.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have a Fleetwood E-2. The deck on the front is almost wide enough to put my RZR on sideways. I am in the process of making that deck 5" wider as we speak. It was a great unit while I had an ATV, but the RZR has really complicated camping/hauling. That being said, I won't go back to an ATV ever

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Kind of like this??

Mark
Very similar except the living quarters is full height, not a pop up. I still think these are cool. I camp in areas that get a little too cold to stay in a pop up.
I haven't been able to find one that is under thirty feet as well, maybe they don't make them shorter. Thanks for the pic!

·
Official Parts Breaker
4,821 Posts
Kind of like this??

Mark
Very similar except the living quarters is full height, not a pop up. I still think these are cool. I camp in areas that get a little too cold to stay in a pop up.
I haven't been able to find one that is under thirty feet as well, maybe they don't make them shorter. Thanks for the pic!
Yeah, I know what you're talking about. Looks like an enclosed trailer but only in the front and a regular open bed in the rear.

I actually looked at them but decided on a fully enclosed trailer... that way if I want to leave the rzrs in the trailer, they'll be locked up securely. (well, as secure as possible)

Mark

·
Registered
520 Posts
I've been wondering about that myself. The one I was looking at has an 84" wide deck, and the wheelbase on the RZR is 77". SO... it should fit. (as long as the cargo limit is high enough)

I want a pop-up version. I don't want to deal with a travel trailer, or a regular "Toy Hauler." (They are too big)

I'm half tempted to buy an inexpensive Pop-up and build a deck on it.

·
Registered
13,407 Posts
fleetwood made a model called the "scorpion" back in 04-07 i believe. It had bascially a popup on the front, and a 10ft or so trailer on the rear.

The ones with the storage in the front are to small IMO, if you could get a RZR on one, that would be some pretty serious toungue weight...

·
Registered
859 Posts
My Daughter and SIL have a one that is a hardside and has three beds that fold out. You only need to open what you are going to use and don't lose any of the livable space. It is a KZ Coyote. Big enough deck on the front to haul 2 quads. Inside has a couch, dinette. 3 burner stove, fridge, restroom and shower. We used it up at the grand canyon and stayed warm.

kz-rv.com/coyote/index.htm

It is the rock climber model of their toy hauler line.

·
Registered
13,407 Posts
if you could get a RZR on one, that would be some pretty serious toungue weight...

Very good point... when I was looking at those style trailers, I hadn’t even thought of that. Thank God for experienced people.

Mark
:ride: you got the king of all mark with the becker.....hows it doing?

·
Official Parts Breaker
4,821 Posts
if you could get a RZR on one, that would be some pretty serious toungue weight...

Very good point... when I was looking at those style trailers, I hadn’t even thought of that. Thank God for experienced people.

Mark

I’ve only taken it out twice so far. Last weekend was the first weekend we started loading it up and getting it ready for our upcoming ride in TN.

Works great, have to get a little bit of adjustment on tongue height but other than that, fits the bill. Light as hell.

Only issue we’ve had is the pull down screen that covers the back opening when the tailgate is down doesn’t work correctly. (no recoil)

Just gotta get out and use it...lol.

Mark

·
Registered
13,407 Posts

Mark

I’ve only taken it out twice so far. Last weekend was the first weekend we started loading it up and getting it ready for our upcoming ride in TN.

Works great, have to get a little bit of adjustment on tongue height but other than that, fits the bill. Light as hell.

Only issue we’ve had is the pull down screen that covers the back opening when the tailgate is down doesn’t work correctly. (no recoil)

Just gotta get out and use it...lol.

Mark
awesome!:ride:

·
Registered
306 Posts
Maybe its the S1? Whatver one is the largest. The cargo area is 12x8. It would be a TIGHT fit to get it on sideways

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I just bought one just like this..... Used 2009 Starcraft THRILL SEEKER 21SSD Travel Trailer For Sale -

It has a 8 by 8 deck with a capacity of 1500 lbs on the deck. I am going to do a little work on it and get my RZR to fit.

I have a couple of ideas. I would like fit it on front to back. Not side to side. I am thinking about moving the propane tanks and building a little extension where the propane tanks are. I only need another 6 inches. I would probably go 1 foot to be safe. I could move the propane tanks to inside the cargo area. I would like to back the RZR on from the front/side and basically parallel park it right in the middle. Imagine the front wheels were the propane tanks are. with the motor in back of the deck I don't think tongue weight would be a problem. I also have a Honda CRF 450X and a Honda CRF 50 for my son. I could put on on both sides of it and be loaded up.......

The other idea I have is to move the propane tanks, batteries and the jack on the front. Again build a foot onto the deck and put 2 jacks on the front. I would probably put 2 electric jacks up there. Each about 1 foot in from each front corner. That would leave me a 6 foot gap in the middle and I could back the RZR straight on. Of course the downfall here is I would have to unhook from the truck if I wanted to load or unload. Hence the electric jacks.....lol.

I think with the first idea I could load and unload while hooked to the truck.....I dont know....I would like to hear opinions on this. Has anybody seen or tried this???

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Customer called in one of these yesterday for coverage, I googled up a pic-

Probably have a width problem with a rzr??

·
Banned
5,672 Posts
Forvm member FBI guy has a new one of that design and he modded the front end for loading the front. He sourced the heavy ga stock on his own and got thin substrate from my office. he made shrouds and guards. His mods looked nice. Super nice guy.
will call him and get him to post and share

·
Registered
13,407 Posts
I just bought one just like this..... Used 2009 Starcraft THRILL SEEKER 21SSD Travel Trailer For Sale -

It has a 8 by 8 deck with a capacity of 1500 lbs on the deck. I am going to do a little work on it and get my RZR to fit.

I have a couple of ideas. I would like fit it on front to back. Not side to side. I am thinking about moving the propane tanks and building a little extension where the propane tanks are. I only need another 6 inches. I would probably go 1 foot to be safe. I could move the propane tanks to inside the cargo area. I would like to back the RZR on from the front/side and basically parallel park it right in the middle. Imagine the front wheels were the propane tanks are. with the motor in back of the deck I don't think tongue weight would be a problem. I also have a Honda CRF 450X and a Honda CRF 50 for my son. I could put on on both sides of it and be loaded up.......

The other idea I have is to move the propane tanks, batteries and the jack on the front. Again build a foot onto the deck and put 2 jacks on the front. I would probably put 2 electric jacks up there. Each about 1 foot in from each front corner. That would leave me a 6 foot gap in the middle and I could back the RZR straight on. Of course the downfall here is I would have to unhook from the truck if I wanted to load or unload. Hence the electric jacks.....lol.

I think with the first idea I could load and unload while hooked to the truck.....I dont know....I would like to hear opinions on this. Has anybody seen or tried this???

I would make sure you brace, brace and brace some more. A RZR with mods, fuel, etc weighs in at 1200-1500lbs. Thats a lot of tongue weight no matter what kind of tow vehicle you have; rear spring helpers or airbags are going to be a must as well. I wouldnt do it, to much weight up there. But just my 2 cents.:redrzr:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts