Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While not wanting to pay what they're asking for a exhaust setup I thought a out building my own.
I had a 12" glasspack on the 700 grizzly I used to have and I liked it but that was a single cylinder into one muffler.
I though about mounting 2 of the same 12" glasspack where the factory muffler sits and making a header to go to them.
Then wondered if a chamber style muffler like the flowmaster 40 series running single in single out (cut of the factory muffler wels flowmaster to pipe and have exit where the passenger muffler would be on a dual setup.)
muffler would give a deeper tone being it is larger and not a flow through like a glasspack....

Any thoughts?

Registered
Man I member on here jus done that not too long ago and he said he really liked it and like u said it gave a more throaty sound.. he sent me pics but I've already deleted them I'm sorry.. I'm all for it to the next time I change pipes again.. I got a Polaris FMF slip on I'd like to get rid of it jus not deep enough

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy using TapaTalk

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Man I member on here jus done that not too long ago and he said he really liked it and like u said it gave a more throaty sound.. he sent me pics but I've already deleted them I'm sorry.. I'm all for it to the next time I change pipes again.. I got a Polaris FMF slip on I'd like to get rid of it jus not deep enough

Remember who it was? I'd like to see some pics and a video lol

Registered
I have true dual 2" glass packs on mine. It was installed by the previous owner with a "s" header.

Very throaty, real similar sounding to a harley with some slip on pipes.

From the confinement of "WORK" with Tapatalk

Registered

Remember who it was? I'd like to see some pics and a video lol
Man I sure don't I'm sorry it looked pretty clean to.. the only thing I coulda seen weird about it was the muffler looked a bit big kinda looked out of place

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have true dual 2" glass packs on mine. It was installed by the previous owner with a "s" header.

Any pics and possibly a vid of your setup??

I'm too cheap to spend the $800 for a LTE as much as I want one lol

Registered
I have also been considering a Flowmaster on my 800. I was thinking of using a cross flow (Camero style) though. It would sit cross ways under the bed and then it would be a dual out set up. The only bad thing is they are big and only come in 2 1/2"-3" in and out but I think it might be worth a shot!

Registered

Any pics and possibly a vid of your setup??

I'm too cheap to spend the $800 for a LTE as much as I want one lol
I'd like to see some pics n video of this mod to kinda get a "sound" for it :)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Did you have any pics/vids of your setup??

I have also been considering a Flowmaster on my 800. I was thinking of using a cross flow (Camero style) though. It would sit cross ways under the bed and then it would be a dual out set up. The only bad thing is they are big and only come in 2 1/2"-3" in and out but I think it might be worth a shot!
My thought was a larger muffler may give it a deeper tone then a single glasspack...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts