Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If so how many miles or hours?
The reason I’m asking is I have about 350 miles and I’m getting some belt noise and even a bit of a burnt rubber smell. Hard driving in the dunes today.

·
Registered
240 Posts
ha ha, I am running the limiter and most of my riding has been dunes with lots of runs up competition hill, about 750 miles so far on factory belt running both stage 4 and stage 6 tunes. So far so good.

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
4,194 Posts
Do you know what thickness it is so we can go get the $.15 one?
A rough guess from the picture would be 3/16". The thickness isn't critical down to the thousandths in that application or anything, so a "thick" washer of a similar OD, and a close ID would work. Measure the OD of the center shaft, and the OD of the other spacer, find a washer that's close, and toss it in there.

·
Registered
607 Posts
I paid the $20 for an AA "thick washer" and it is at best a hair thicker than the stock washer it is not 3/16 thick. I was getting a little bit of burning rubber smell when I floored it, honesty I have not been able to get out since then to see if it is much better now.

·
Premium Member
1,856 Posts
If so how many miles or hours?
The reason I’m asking is I have about 350 miles and I’m getting some belt noise and even a bit of a burnt rubber smell. Hard driving in the dunes today.
I have about the same miles running the AA S-3 clutch kit and spacer and belt still looks great. I take it you pulled the belt and looked at it?

·
Premium Member
1,006 Posts
First thing I did to my Pro XP was a Razor Belt temp gauge. I have had three machines XP 1000 Turbo XP and now the Pro total miles 4500 not one belt replaced all had the belt temp gauge
belt temp gauge.jpg

·
Registered
240 Posts
Throttle control especially on the starts is probably the best thing you can do for belt longevity along with allowing it to cool properly when pushing it,,, hammering it on starts is a pretty sure fire way to shorten its life span.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts