Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question: I have a 18 Turbo Xp with Shock Therapy Stage 4 kit. When I go over something, be it jumping or going over rocks I get this thud sound when the shocks go full extension quickly. Like it is trying the get the tires back to the ground as soon as possible, which is great if that slamming down noise didn't follow. I realize that's the shock bottoming out. Will Shock straps eliminate that noise and feeling that I'm hearing and feeling? Thanks

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
3,079 Posts
It's a common occurrence when going to a dual rate spring setup, it's harmless with the exception of it being annoying. A lot of people (myself included) do use limit straps to solve the issue.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes it is very annoying. So the limit straps will take that away completely or is there still some from the strap? Thanks

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
3,079 Posts
You won't hear or feel anything at all as long as you have the correct length strap, and you really only need them on the front, the rears aren't near as bad when they bottom out.

I run these: Shock Therapy Limit Straps
They're pricey, but they're adjustable so you can keep the strap tension perfect as the straps stretches, they're also the only ones that run inline with the shock

Lots of other running PRP or SCR limit straps, Super ATV just released some as well

·
Registered
612 Posts
I run them and love them. Much more enjoyable to ride without listening to the constant banging of the shock topping out.

The factory shock fully extended is 25” c to c. All the UTV kits I’m aware of sell 4-ply 23” straps to account for stretch. I bought 6-ply 24” straps and made my own spacers and couldn’t be happier.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Garden variety in the front work fine for me. only occasional knocks in the rear, so dont need them.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Shock Therapy adjustable straps are the only way to go. Got mine adjusted just enough not to hear and feel that awful clunk of the shocks at full drop. It’s limited my travel by about 1/16 of an inch. I highly recommend if you find the Shock clunk annoying

·
Registered
164 Posts
Every time you change one thing on suspension it causes new problems and more money. Helps one thing and hurts another. Seems to be that way on anything from Jeep to truck shocks or tire size. Yes Sir, our toys are money pits and they be hungry :) We love them anyway....

·
Registered
164 Posts
Thats a good reason for straps. I don't think Polaris measured travel verses CV joint articulation degree very accurately. Got side tracked on most travel. Easy to fix this stuff we deal with at the factory, but end user gets hammered on the details and cost to address them. JMO

1 - 10 of 10 Posts