Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering if anyone had removed the stock frogskinz intake cover and replaced it with a washable filter to help keep main filter cleaner longer?

I've seen where guys have done it to XP 1000s but I can't find where anyone has done it to a Turbo and posted the results, was also wondering if it could cause any negative effects.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'd also like to hear on this. I know some guys use S&B particle separator, but I wouldn't mind hearing about different options.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
3,224 Posts
I have been running this in mine. Seems to be just fine. They are used with the frog skin.
We sell them for the CVT and they will fit in the engine side. Someone a while back used one specifically for an XP and says he lost boost. He may or may not have had the strut in it though. They work just fine on the XP. The cvt filter for the Turbo can handle the airflow from the turbo engine, only the intake boot is week and (may not) hold up. I have not experienced this in my 2018 Turbo at all and have not noticed any reduction in power. I will note that Polaris does not put a seal on that side for some reason. It still pulls a lot of air around the bottom of the cover and our filter would only catch some of that dust.

https://wolfsnout.net/utv-accessories/ Some dust will make it through.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have been running this in mine. Seems to be just fine. They are used with the frog skin.
We sell them for the CVT and they will fit in the engine side. Someone a while back used one specifically for an XP and says he lost boost. He may or may not have had the strut in it though. They work just fine on the XP. The cvt filter for the Turbo can handle the airflow from the turbo engine, only the intake boot is week and (may not) hold up. I have not experienced this in my 2018 Turbo at all and have not noticed any reduction in power. I will note that Polaris does not put a seal on that side for some reason. It still pulls a lot of air around the bottom of the cover and our filter would only catch some of that dust.

Seems like this might be all the more reason to buy a K&N type filter (dry)with 3" flange and 3" pipe into intake boot with outer wears to put on top to help main filter.

·
Vendor
3,224 Posts

Seems like this might be all the more reason to buy a K&N type filter (dry)with 3" flange and 3" pipe into intake boot with outer wears to put on top to help main filter.
Might work

·
The Lone Rzr
2,795 Posts
I did it on my 1k.
I'm sure you could do it on your turbo
The sheet of a/c filter isn't very dense and I don't think it impedes the air flow too much until it gets dirty.
I spray it with KN oil.
This was after 50 miles
My main filter has some shop vac foam around it.
I do this only if I know it's going to be super dusty
20180925_081028 by 185 EZ, on Flickr
20180925_081439 by 185 EZ, on Flickr

·
Vendor
3,224 Posts
I did it on my 1k.
I'm sure you could do it on your turbo
The sheet of a/c filter isn't very dense and I don't think it impedes the air flow too much until it gets dirty.
I spray it with KN oil.
This was after 50 miles
My main filter has some shop vac foam around it.
I do this only if I know it's going to be super dusty
20180925_081028 by 185 EZ, on Flickr
20180925_081439 by 185 EZ, on Flickr
Good Job! I would be scared a little bit of oily dirt gets to the belt though. I suppose you could put oil on our filters, but never have for that reason.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I make a filter housing replacement that eliminates the frogskin housing all together. It uses a K&N style filter. I use them on both the CVT and the engine side. I haven't needed to clean the uni air filter on my '16 xp1k in a thousand miles. I used to dump the fine dirt out of my CVT housing after every ride. Now I wipe it out once every other oil change. They will fit any xp1000 from '14-'19. Turbo or not. The pic is of them on my 2019 xp4 turbo S. I have almost 300 miles on it with the filters on. No loss of boost. They go on in a matter of minutes.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts

·
Standard Vendor
1,542 Posts
We have been making prefilter kits since 2014. We have our filters built to our spec for this application. Super durable stainless steel outer mesh for superior durability, High flow dry media that needs no special oils or cleaners to maintain. Simply wash them out or blow them out and your good to go. we sell them as singles, double or triples for the XP1000 2015 model and on (Pictured below). These are the real deal and tested by rental companies, and utilized on the Border patrol RZR's to keep them up and running. We are a supporting vendor so check out our site, very competitive with a far superior filter!

XP1000 / XPT Pre Filter Kit

Also just introduced our new Severe Duty Desertcraft air filter. It too is a dry element that needs no oil or special cleaners. It can be serviced several times by blowing it out or washing it for a deep clean. Our independent laboratory testing has proved we have the most efficient filter on the market and has better numbers than the throw away blue filter.

RZR XP1000/XPT/Turbo S Air Filter

Regards,

Attachments

·
Standard Vendor
1,542 Posts
The filter housing on the "19 has not changed.... Our filter fits and has a studded end. You can purchase our stainless steel bracket as an option for a bullet proof install. We have been testing for several months and just had the Pro UTV XP1000 #1958 RZR complete the Mint 400 with a respectable 8th place finish in class.
Regards,

·
Premium Member
1,062 Posts
I have removed stock frog skins and run k&n filters on both engine intake side and cvt intake. I’ll try to get some pics later.

·
Registered
12 Posts
We have been making prefilter kits since 2014. We have our filters built to our spec for this application. Super durable stainless steel outer mesh for superior durability, High flow dry media that needs no special oils or cleaners to maintain. Simply wash them out or blow them out and your good to go. we sell them as singles, double or triples for the XP1000 2015 model and on (Pictured below). These are the real deal and tested by rental companies, and utilized on the Border patrol RZR's to keep them up and running. We are a supporting vendor so check out our site, very competitive with a far superior filter!

XP1000 / XPT Pre Filter Kit

Also just introduced our new Severe Duty Desertcraft air filter. It too is a dry element that needs no oil or special cleaners. It can be serviced several times by blowing it out or washing it for a deep clean. Our independent laboratory testing has proved we have the most efficient filter on the market and has better numbers than the throw away blue filter.

RZR XP1000/XPT/Turbo S Air Filter

Regards,
Do you have any pics of the cvt/intake kit installed?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

708 Posts
I don't have any pictures from a distance. But these should give you an idea as to how they look installed.

let us know if there is anything else that you need

Attachments

1 - 20 of 27 Posts