Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got one of these the other day. It was not my first choice but had some store credit where I got it. I am running everything stock right now but I was told that it could still increase performance. I plan on getting an af Gage when funds permit but until then I was wonder what settings have been found to be good for a stock set up. I have it set to the base settings as suggested in th instructions.

·
Screw dunes..show me mud!
1,168 Posts
You may want to hold off activating it until you get your AFR gauge. The base settings that most programmers come with are based on you having one of their pipes installed as well as upgraded air intake. Since Big Gun does make exhausts, I'm willing to bet this is the case with their settings and on a stock machine I'm willing to bet you will be running rich. Especially since alot of these things are rich from the factory. An AFR gauge will be your new best friend when it comes to dialing in that controller. I don't know about Big Gun, but some controllers actually allow you to subtract fuel even lower than the factory setting. Basically, I keep mine set for the 12.5-13 range on the AFR gauge and life is good....not too rich, but not close to heating things up by going lean. Lean is where all the power is.....but it'll come at a cost with heat and things wearing quick. Just remember, nobody has blown a motor from it running too rich!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.