Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
ALL BLUE
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SICK AIR ON THE 4 WITH PICS!!! Anyone know why my right rear fender broke

I was getting some really good air on my 4 and the right rear fender broke off!!!:rm_thumbdown: But why I am posting this. It has happened to 2 other of my buddies that have the 4. Anyone know why??? Besides the hard landing. It is kind of weird that it has been the same fender. :popcorn:

Attachments

·
ALL BLUE
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The tire must be hitting it when you land.
LOL ya think! I was really wondering if it might be an factory defect or something? But yes it is hitting the tire. lol :rofl3:

·
Registered
880 Posts
Must be some heavy passengers and a full gas tank! lol, Have they all been stock machines? How much heavier is the 4? You will have a hard time calling it a factory defect if you're bottoming out!

·
ALL BLUE
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
ALL BLUE
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
nice air! how is the landing?
The landing is freakin amazing I was jumping with the $200,000 rails. The machine planes out perfectly! I am completely satisfied!

·
ALL BLUE
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Must be some heavy passengers and a full gas tank! lol, Have they all been stock machines? How much heavier is the 4? You will have a hard time calling it a factory defect if you're bottoming out!
There was 4 of us in it when it broke! HAHA and it's only a 200lbs more than the "S" and yes all were stock suspension. I have a lot of accessories. And lol I probably will have a hard time calling it a factory defect. Your really not suppose to jump it I don't think! HEHE

·
Registered
311 Posts
Well lets see....Your launching your 4 into space, while fully loaded..Damn straight somethings going to break..lol You got of easy with just a fender.
Just remove that fender permanantly and keep jumping and posting pics.
The pics are great! Great job! Instruct your passengers to bring extra underwear.

·
ALL BLUE
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well lets see....Your launching your 4 into space, while fully loaded..Damn straight somethings going to break..lol You got of easy with just a fender.
Just remove that fender permanantly and keep jumping and posting pics.
The pics are great! Great job! Instruct your passengers to bring extra underwear.
HAHA FREAKIN hilarious!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,115 Posts
Could be that the weak RZR chassis is flexing so much when you land, that you have more fender contact than normal. I would probably put money on you having a tweaked chassis and bent arms after that.

H

·
0 Posts
Could be that the weak RZR chassis is flexing so much when you land, that you have more fender contact than normal. I would probably put money on you having a tweaked chassis and bent arms after that.
I was actually impressed with the way the 4 lands...I haven't had mine nearly that high...but it has been off the ground and I must say it landed alot smoother than my Sportsman 850 or Can-Am 800 did on the same jump. But I wouldn't make a habit out of..especially with 4 adults on board:scared2:
After jumping like that I would definitely look close at everything..especially the upper shock mounts...check out Vegastoys4rent's thread in the RZR4 section...

·
ALL BLUE
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Everything is fine right now. I run a Fabrication Company and I am making some shock tower supports and already have chassis supports. As for the control arms all are fine for now. But I am keeping a close eye on them. Thx guys for your concern

·
◄►STARS & STRIPES◄►
3,832 Posts
Reach underneath the rear fender in the forward position where the bracket comes off the frame and see if it is bent or detached (im guessing since its ripped off you can tell) but if its bent violently (really bad) then the tire smashed into it and mangled it, If it has a slight curve to it then it could be chassis related..I put my money of you bottoming it out and snapping that thing off....See Steve AT MakinTrax to fix this issue, otherwise your going to grow tire of spending the $$ or add a 2" lift, That should cover you..

Im just trying to offer solutions, not problems..

·
ALL BLUE
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Reach underneath the rear fender in the forward position where the bracket comes off the frame and see if it is bent or detached (im guessing since its ripped off you can tell) but if its bent violently (really bad) then the tire smashed into it and mangled it, If it has a slight curve to it then it could be chassis related..I put my money of you bottoming it out and snapping that thing off....See Steve AT MakinTrax to fix this issue, otherwise your going to grow tire of spending the $$ or add a 2" lift, That should cover you..

Im just trying to offer solutions, not problems..
Thx Man I will look I appreciate your input

·
Registered
311 Posts
Just wondering if you might have some pics to post of you making that jump with all 4 people aboard? The looks on your passengers faces would be priceless Im sure.:popcorn:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts