Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 XP1000. I put wheel spacers on all the way around and the lug nut inside is only about half way threaded down. Definitely not trusting it like this. I do not want to drill out both sets of my wheels for the upgraded 1/2 arp studs. I’m simply looking for stock or upgraded studs that are the same thread just longer(at least 1/2” longer) if anyone has any input or can point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated, thank you. IMG_1095.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have still had no luck with this. I’ve researched for hours and looks like the Holz are the same thread length just a longer stud(extra 1/2 inch isn’t threaded). And the last link was to the upgraded 1/2 ones where I would have to drill out all of my wheels, and even with these I didn’t find a definite answer that the threads are any longer. Any vendors that anyone knows of that could help me out with this? I saw Hess makes a kit too but even there’s have a longer knurl but the thread size length isn’t any longer. IMG_1113.jpg

·
Premium Member
649 Posts
You don't need longer wheel studs, you need spacers that are made properly.

RZR_Joe. Is right. Who's spacers are these these? Because the hole in the pic should be roughly the same depth and dimensions as they are in a wheel. So it would mount up the same as a wheel. Unless this spacer calls for those recessed mag type lug nuts like in the upper right and bottom right corners of this pic. But if that's the case, then these are definitely not the correct spacers for your application.

Attachments

·
Registered
365 Posts
you could purchase a stock stud and take it to the local NAPA or other Auto Parts store and have them get / find one with the longer threads

spacer says Orion Motor on it. eBay and amazon sell them

·
Premium Member
649 Posts
Personally I would not go the route of longer studs. You're already adding an additional mating surface, and placing more stress on the stock studs by placing the wheel farther away from the hub. Then on top of that, lengthening the stud on one of the mating surfaces? I've seen this movie before. It normally doesn't end well. I'm sure some have done it, and been okay. But for the most part, that is a recipe for frustration at best, and disaster at worst. Especially with the terrain we take these machines over / through.

Ultimately the OP can do what he chooses. But I would not do it. Especially when you can get the correct wheel spacers from any number of places like 50 Caliber Racing, Team Alba Racing, SuperATV, UTV Inc, etc.

Reactions: jmedlin13

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Personally I would not go the route of longer studs. You're already adding an additional mating surface, and placing more stress on the stock studs by placing the wheel farther away from the hub. Then on top of that, lengthening the stud on one of the mating surfaces? I've seen this movie before. It normally doesn't end well. I'm sure some have done it, and been okay. But for the most part, that is a recipe for frustration at best, and disaster at worst. Especially with the terrain we take these machines over / through.

Ultimately the OP can do what he chooses. But I would not do it. Especially when you can get the correct wheel spacers from any number of places like 50 Caliber Racing, Team Alba Racing, SuperATV, UTV Inc, etc.

They are Orion motor tech wheel spacers. Listed for 2014-current XP1000 and turbos. Got all 4 for $80 and that’s probably where the problem lies lol just ordered some superatv wheel spacers, hopefully will have much better luck with these. Thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts