Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone has a BMP turbo and what they think of it. I like the price a little better than some of the other kits, but i dont want something that is unreliable.

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
i am looking at the boondockers kit. $3795

·
Registered
104 Posts
I'm interested in a Bikeman too. It looks like you could easily modify it and add to it along the way. Two things I have noticed from their pictures is that they don't bubble-flare the pipe ends, they put a weld bead there and whoever does their welding must be a rank amateur. I hope someone that has one will reply.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No one has this kit?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just purchased a bikeman stage one kit with the clutch for my 2010 rzr 4. Should be here within 5 to 7 days they said. Will keep everyone informed on how it goes.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I got it good kit easy to install but there instructions suck bad. I am constructing a intercooler and blowoff valve setup as we speak. Last year I ran 10LBS on a stage 2 of boost it held up all year with alot of abuse. This year I'm gonna run 14LBS with hopefully no issues. Let me know if u have any questions

·
Registered
6,288 Posts
I'd call Bikeman guys. I spoke to Jim there fairly recently and they have a new kit coming out for a bit more $, but it sounded more complete than current offering. Don't think the Boon or the Bike kit has clutching, gauges, or intercooler included. Not sure about the air intakes or how they handle that.

Boon is the leader in sled turbos, not sure why they aren't more active here. Think it's because the crank is "weak" and they are afraid of them blowing up in comparison to the sleds they work on. This is also the reason Noss Boss doesn't advertise or promote their gear on here.

1,108 Posts
Our kits have been extremely reliable! We have tried to get something to break or fail on ours with no luck! They also do come with a boost gauge and clutching is a needed option but is separate because of the different years and many customers already have some clutching and don't need all of the parts. These are extremely nice kits for the money.

We are in development of a new, higher end kit with a water to air intercooler.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Mike. Just looked through your site for the first time I'm realy glad I found it you got some great stuff. Can't wait tell I have some coin to throw your way.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I've got a BMP stage 1 on my Ranger 700 and it works great, very easy to install, only took 4 hrs, no inter-cooler. I also have Boondockers kit on my RZR and it also works very good. The BD kit comes with an inter-cooler. Neither came with a clutch kit, it was an option that I already had.
I don't think you can go wrong with either kit. IMO good bang for your buck:pint::pint:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Just put on the BMP turbo kit and clutch kit on my Rzr 4. Pretty easy kit to install. Even though the instructions pretty much suck. No torque specs for anything. No suggestions on wireing hook up for fuel controller. Especially for rzr 4. The vaccum line coming off fuel controler not even close to fitting on the fitting in the kit. Having trouble with getting proper rpm @ wot. So far bikeman really helpful on this so far. Going out in a bit to re-check on that. Not real impressed with the power so far. I extremely doubt it doubles the h.p. Maybe I am expecting to much. But $3600.00 is a lot of money to me. Just hope I don't regret not spending the additional $1400.00 from the other guys. About to finf out later today. Will keep you all informed.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Tested the Bikeman Turbo out yesterday evening. Took some weights off the primary trios and the rpm's did come up to 6400 at wot. Two more weights to remove to see if I can get it up to 6600 to 6700. Over all the turbo performs really well since I got the rpm's to increase. Dont really think it doubles your H.P. But you sure can tell when you punch it out of the corners. Didnt gain anything on top end. Sure the kit set-up is for the Rzr two seaters. Dont think Bikeman considered the extra weight of the 4 for the clutch set up. If you have the money I would go with the stage 2 or 3.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Got my bikeman turbo all finalized and with the great help from Jimmie @ Bikeman this thing kicks some major ass. If you are looking for a economical priced turbo this one is it. The personalized help from bikeman was outstanding. Any problems they are either going to e-mail you back or acutally call you and talk to you. That was awesome. Cant wait to take it up to Silver Lake sand dunes. Whats really cool is the up-grades you can do with this system. But for now I am happy. Dont want to kill myself. Have a great day guys and gals. Have fun and be safe.

·
Registered
6,288 Posts
Got my bikeman turbo all finalized and with the great help from Jimmie @ Bikeman this thing kicks some major ass.....
Good to hear you got her dialed-in to your liking dirty...

You mentioned earlier that there was no additional "top end"....which is to be expected since you're not increasing the RPMs at all. No additional RMPs, then no additional MPH. Not sure if you were talking MPH, but just sayin', in case you were :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
I was talking about additional mph. But didn't put 2 and 2 together to figure that one out. This is all new stuff to me. A lot different than my 84 CJ7. That one was easy to figure out. Swap the V6 for a ZZ4. I tell ya the RZR is a heck of a lot more fun. Trying to talk the wife in selling the Jeep and getting the new RZR 900. Don't think that's going to happen though. With this clutch tuneing I can have that baby out in 5 minutes. Fun stuff.

·
Registered
32 Posts
dirtyern ,
I've been considering the bike man turbo . I'm not looking to make it the fastest out there just want a simple relitively reliable hp increase too keep up with my xp out in the dunes . Sound like the bikemans kit fits the build . Would you buy it again , any dislikes ?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I would buy one again. As far as dislikes not to many so far. I have only ran it less than 20 miles. Any issues the Bikeman guys are really nice to work with. I like the fact you don't need the intercooler or a extra injector.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts