3,641 Posts
looks good to me!
Buy it and give us a report.
I'll start saving now

·
One Man Wolf Pack
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know enough about turbo's to consider it. I do however see all the others are normally double the price...that scares me right there.

·
One Man Wolf Pack
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
# The kit includes: Garrett t 15 turbo charger
# Intercooler with fan
# Cast iron exhaust manifold
# 30 amp relay for fan
# Exhaust piping and heat shield
# Attitude industries
# Air filter and MAF housing
# Fuel management system
# Charge piping w/blow off valve
# Oil pick up and return

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
It's a TSI kit, they work good, you will need to install a AFR gauge and oil cooler is recommended, also it is best to use low compression forged pistons like JE 9.1.1 which we carry if your interested, we have tested that system and did a couple of higher boosted app with that setup and it worked well. You will need wheel spacers or a long travel not to hit the waste actuator as strracerx mentioned above. If you are thinking about purchasing it and have any more questions we would be glad to help you out, contact us at [email protected]

H

·
0 Posts
Yep...as said it is a TSI kit....just do a search so you know what to expect..some good info on it here.

·
◄►STARS & STRIPES◄►
3,832 Posts
Yep...as said it is a TSI kit....just do a search so you know what to expect..some good info on it here.
I think it's nice, I just wonder what type of customer support comes with that turbo? It's nice to save money in all, and I know the MCX ad K&T systems cost more..but I have that feeling that If I have to pick up the phone and make a call, Either of the latter will be on the other line, I've seen this Kit on Ebay...I don't know how their distribution works if I'm seeing guys selling these kits that have never sold a turbo in their lives and have like 10 feedback score?..What kind of a response am I going to get...

Now it's not out of place to bring this up, everyone wants as much bang for the buck...but if something goes wrong because of no support your "Bang" might be costing you more "Bucks" than you ever thought..This is JMO, (I don't consider it humble) as I have done A lot of research..and in the end, a Product is only as good as the company standing behind it....

Good luck, if you install it and it works well, let us know, Because as I really have yet to see anything Solid or from anyone who has used this kit yet. and If you have..This would be the thread to chime in and say hey "mike your wrong and/or I got great customer support "........I'll be waiting....
Sorry for not sugar coating, but I don't want any member getting burned out of 3k...
Cheers, Mike

H

·
0 Posts
I think it's nice, I just wonder what type of customer support comes with that turbo? It's nice to save money in all, and I know the MCX ad K&T systems cost more..but I have that feeling that If I have to pick up the phone and make a call, Either of the latter will be on the other line, I've seen this Kit on Ebay...I don't know how their distribution works if I'm seeing guys selling these kits that have never sold a turbo in their lives and have like 10 feedback score?..What kind of a response am I going to get...

Now it's not out of place to bring this up, everyone wants as much bang for the buck...but if something goes wrong because of no support your "Bang" might be costing you more "Bucks" than you ever thought..This is JMO, (I don't consider it humble) as I have done A lot of research..and in the end, a Product is only as good as the company standing behind it....

Good luck, if you install it and it works well, let us know, Because as I really have yet to see anything Solid or from anyone who has used this kit yet. and If you have..This would be the thread to chime in and say hey "mike your wrong and/or I got great customer support "........I'll be waiting....
Sorry for not sugar coating, but I don't want any member getting burned out of 3k...
Cheers, Mike

True..true..I looked at all the kits when I was "looking". Custmer support is hard to guage until you need it..first though you really have to look at what is included with each kit IMO..you have bare bones then you have complete...little add on stuff adds up real fast..and while someone selling a kit might say "you don't have to have that"..well you don't NEED 2 kidneys or 2 lungs to live either..but who wants to have only 1 if given a choice.
Then there is the quality of the components..then there is the design of kit..read fitment issues..more money to spend to make it work..I'm not bashing the Kit..just make sure you do your homework and know what you are getting into..
Customer service I've had with K&T has been bonus..bet CS I've ever had from ANY company bar none...

·
RAISING HELL ON THE TRAIL
2,296 Posts
turbokits.com sells that kit for $2595 and until the end of october they are throwing in a free boost guage, a T shirt, and some other junk.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts