Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for those who have broke their outer front CVs/axles and replaced/upgrade. Need just the front outer CV housings. Even if the housing is cracked at edge but not at the flange near the splined side would be ok. Thanks!

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Anyone else have another one? I need two ...

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bump ... still looking for atleast one more ...

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Thanks. It's apparently not the same on XP.

I am wondering if it might be close enough at the flange to make it work even if requires a bit of simple machining so I might look into this closer but not usually my luck this would be the case. But its close as best as I can tell as not so sure how accurate these drawings on parts diagrams are. I am not sure if I can grind the flange angle off to make it flat instead of the 45 degree angle or so if different angle:

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sent pm ... still looking for one or more of these ...

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
I scrapped both of mine, destroyed both outers at once. Which I could help.

You have a login on highlifter forums? You will have a better chance at finding broken stock axles over there.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Worked with Superatv and they said they use the RZR 800 front outer cv's, with a +7in axle, and I am not sure what they use for inner CV but this ends up making an XP 900 front axle set. So, the RZR 800 outer fronts should work fine. There are some differences as the Polaris part numbers are not the same but apparently this is for some other reason/not critical. Just bit the bullet as out of time to continue the search and bought two new CVs ones they sell at a fair price. Will know in a couple weeks if they indeed do work out ok ...

If anyone actually has both these and could do a visual omparison in the meantime that would be great. It might even be something like needing to use a different castle nut, etc.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just wanted to finish off this post by verifying that RZR 800 front CVs did indeed work for me. Nothing weird observed when installing them and several rides now and no issues.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts