Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I sincerely don't like to be "that guy". But I'm really frustrated at this point, and am wondering if anyone has any insight / feedback. I ordered a cage from UTVSPEEDINC 3 weeks ago, and feel as though I've been given the run around ever since. Here's how it's been:

06/01 - Called and spoke with them about a cage. Got all of the info and pricing. Was told if ordered this day cage would be to my door within approx 2 - 2 1/2 weeks. Called back same day, ordered and paid. Was also told that may be sooner, since I wasn't having it powder coated.

06/07 - Texted asking if they thought cage was still good to be shipped out the following week. Response was yes.

06/15 - Called to verify cage shipping date. Was told would go out on Monday 06/19.

06/19 - Called to verify that cage was being shipped. Was told that they were toward the end of the driver's route, and that he didn't have enough room for the cage. Said he would be picking it up the following day, but could be anywhere from 8am to EOB.

06/20 - Called back. No answer.

06/21 - Called again, left voice mail mssg. No callback.

06/22 - Called again, left voice mail mssg. No callback.

06/23 - Called again this morning, left voice mail mssg. No callback yet.

Not sure if anyone has had any experience with them, or happens to know them. But I'm just trying to find out what the deal is. I made it clear last conversation that all of my powder coating and assembly is on hold because of the cage / roof. Even if the cage is shipped today, the soonest it would get here is the middle to end of next week. That would be a solid month. Now I am not against waiting a month for something that I've ordered, as long as I understand that upfront. I created a time table for everything I was doing to my new XPT 4, and am now completely up in the air.

I'm pretty thick skinned, so if I sound like a whiny b*tch, I'm willing to accept that. But I just CAN NOT stand poor customer service. I am a small business owner, and understand the importance of keeping your word and providing good customer service. Because of that, I tend to lose my patience pretty quickly when given poor customer service. If you're not going to be able to deliver in the manner you advised me, at least answer the phone, or return a call in a timely manner. But right now I'm 3 weeks past paying a considerable amount of my hard earned $$, and have no idea if my cage is on a truck heading east; or has been shipped; or has even been built.

Any help / insight would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow! Sorry to hear that. I always have a local guy build my cages. I can't imagine the shipping cost for that
It was pretty substantial.

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just called again, got voicemail. Am I the only one who has ordered anything from them?

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
I got my cage from them, but I picked up. However, I got the same run around. Told me it would be ready one day. Called that morning to verify it ready as it a 2 hour drive. They said sorry been a delay. Will be ready next week by Wednesday. Called that morning to verify again still not ready was told Friday for sure. I told them they are messing up my work as I need to take time away from work to pick up and I keep changing dates on my work. Finally that Friday morning I call they say yes will be ready for you at noon. I drive up there, get there at 1145. Go in the shop and no one there. Finally find an employee he calls owner letting him know "someone is here to pickup a cage and his cage isn't here." Employee says owner will be here soon. I sit in office for 30 mins and he finally arrives. I go where is my cage he says at powder coater. They just finishing up. Has me follow him to coater another 20 mins away. Shocker cage not done. I had to wait another 2 hours for it to be finished. Was super pissed, they offered me nothing for the hassle. I do like the cage and am happy with the workmanship they need to just be honest and stop lying to people. It is ridiculous. I was livid in my experience. Won't buy again.

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm glad to hear that you at least got your cage, and that you're happy with the product. That gives me a little hope. But I'm honestly so soured on it the experience, I'm considering seeing if I can get a refund and just going in another direction. I guess we'll see whenever they get around to answering their phone again.

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
You can call your credit card company and have them reverse the charge. Like I said though the cage itself turned out good. Just stupid to get the run around. Don't tell me a date if you can't deliver by said date that just pisses people off and messes up your reputation as a business. This thread certainly isn't helping them. And it never would have happened if they just told you upfront it will take X days long.

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You can call your credit card company and have them reverse the charge. Like I said though the cage itself turned out good. Just stupid to get the run around. Don't tell me a date if you can't deliver by said date that just pisses people off and messes up your reputation as a business. This thread certainly isn't helping them. And it never would have happened if they just told you upfront it will take X days long.
I'll give them a few more days before I exercise that option. And you're right. Just tell me your lead times are more like 3 or 4 weeks, or even longer. Then I can make a decision as to whether I do business with you or go another route. But this deal with not answering the phones or following up with customers is a pretty good sign that they'll only get my business once.

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That sucks man. I ordered my cage from a local company so I could pick it up. I hope everything works out.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
I appreciate it. There's actually a fabricator less than 3 miles from me. Really nice guy, but pretty expensive. And he does real quality work too. But this UTV Speed Inc cage is almost half of what I'd pay here with all of the options. Even with shipping costs in the comparison. But then sometimes saving money isn't the better option. I guess we'll see.....

·
Registered
202 Posts
They did the same thing to me a couple years ago. Then when I finally got the cage it was the wrong one. They did send the correct one the second time. There cages are built by Toys For Big Boys I contacted them and talked to Kevin he got it straightened out. He's a great guy to work with.

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
They did the same thing to me a couple years ago. Then when I finally got the cage it was the wrong one. They did send the correct one the second time. There cages are built by Toys For Big Boys I contacted them and talked to Kevin he got it straightened out. He's a great guy to work with.
Toys For Big Boys is only about 5 miles from them. That makes a lot more sense now. I'm feeling much better about the quality of the cage. But this customer service is piss poor. How long did it actually take you to get your cage?

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Call Kevin from toys for big boys , He can get this straightened out for you .
Thanks Frank. I'll do that.

Reactions: FJK

·
Registered
685 Posts
Call Kevin from toys for big boys , He can get this straightened out for you .
Thanks Frank. I'll do that.
They copy toys for big boys cages now and make there own. Kevin's not happy with them. I just bought mine from Kevin tfbb. Kevin is a great guy to deal with. Great pricing and super quick build.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Okay, so I just got off of the phone with Kevin. He says that he stopped building cages for UTV Speed Inc approx 8 months ago. He also gave me a little more insight. Now I'm seriously leaning toward just contacting my credit card company on Monday, and having the charges reversed for non-receipt of goods.

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
Okay, so I just got off of the phone with Kevin. He says that he stopped building cages for UTV Speed Inc approx 8 months ago. He also gave me a little more insight. Now I'm seriously leaning toward just contacting my credit card company on Monday, and having the charges reversed for non-receipt of goods.
PM some details of what Kevin said. I wouldn't mind hearing it as I had similar problems to yours. Will have to look up Kevin's company and products.

·
Registered
685 Posts
PM some details of what Kevin said. I wouldn't mind hearing it as I had similar problems to yours. Will have to look up Kevin's company and products.
Kevin's Company you won't be disappointed.

http://www.tfbb1.com

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
361 Posts
I have dealt with Kevin twice the latest was a you weld it cage kit. Both times my order was shipped before it was promised and the cage he sent some extra brackets at no charge. When I called with questions he was very helpful. I recommend you call him, he has a forum discount also.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.