Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would be really cool is to have a tool
Kit that has every tool you could need while far far away. I’ve ridden dual sport BMWs for a long time, and there is a company that created and sold a kit that was bike specific. It was compact, and had everything. I realize there’s nothing like that out there for the RZR, but has anyone assessed all fasteners on the machine to determine what a complete kit could look
like? Nothing like being out there without the right tool for the job. And if you carry a whole ratchet set, as an example, there’s a ton there you wouldn’t use. So just the sockets you need, just the torx you need, the right extensions, the right wrenched, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
From UTV Action, pretty good starting point.

ALLEN HEADS
4mm: Tilt wheel,
5mm: Front brake caliper, oil line,
6mm: Turbo, rear brake caliper, oil drain
8mm: Diff drain & fill, Trans drain & fill
TORX BITS
T25: Doorskin, buss bar, CV boot guard, ECU
T27: Overflow bottle, EPS cover, seat adj,
T40: Bodywork, hood
SOCKETS-WRENCHES
8mm: CVT Cover, side case,
10mm: Skid plate, ground wire, starter solenoid, shift sensor, ex heat shield, rad mount, buss bar
11mm: Air intake tube
13mm: Frame support, swaybar mount, front facia, brake line, steering shaft, battery cable, ext water pump, pedal assembly, rock guard,
15mm: Ball joint pinch bolts, steering shaft, EPS, cage, harness bar, rear caliper brakes, rear hub, swaybar,
16mm: Diff mount, Front caliper bracket, seat belts
17mm: Steering shaft, turbo oil line,
18mm: Shocks, A-arms, trailing arm, frame support, radius rods, tie rod, diff,
19mm: Turbo oil line, lug nuts, shift cable, seat belts
27mm: Axle nut (or 1 1/16”)

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
The problem is to have every tool you need it would take a service truck, complete with onboard air and welder.
Trying to be as humble as can be, I can't take everything I need and parts. Putting our kit together, I started with wrench and socket for all the common, straight blade and Phillips screwdriver, t-sockets. As you do maintenance work with only what you carry.
The problem is every 10lbs. is another horse power gone. I keep a pretty serious set in the truck box figuring on being able to hitch a ride to go get if anything to serious happens (and it has), and the weight effects the center of balance.
All said and done, it comes down to personal preference and needs.

·
Registered
108 Posts
What about those UTV specific tool kits. Assault industries and boxo both have their own that are basically the same. Kinda pricey, but it’s all pre built and thrown in a nice bag, tools that I guess experienced drivers want.

You could also try to copy the tool list they use and see what you already have, and what you want and don’t want to build your own kit. Just a suggestion.

But I always thought, unless you are carrying spare parts, not sure what most of the tools are going to help you with. it’s like, ok Something broke and I’m stuck on the side of the trail, I got all the tools in the world to remove broken parts, but now what? I’m still broken down. Get what I’m saying?

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, good point. But you sometimes just have to remove stuff to continue on. Or get to something, you may have to remove something else. I didn’t know there were the options you listed. Thanks!

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
From UTV Action, pretty good starting point.

ALLEN HEADS
4mm: Tilt wheel,
5mm: Front brake caliper, oil line,
6mm: Turbo, rear brake caliper, oil drain
8mm: Diff drain & fill, Trans drain & fill
TORX BITS
T25: Doorskin, buss bar, CV boot guard, ECU
T27: Overflow bottle, EPS cover, seat adj,
T40: Bodywork, hood
SOCKETS-WRENCHES
8mm: CVT Cover, side case,
10mm: Skid plate, ground wire, starter solenoid, shift sensor, ex heat shield, rad mount, buss bar
11mm: Air intake tube
13mm: Frame support, swaybar mount, front facia, brake line, steering shaft, battery cable, ext water pump, pedal assembly, rock guard,
15mm: Ball joint pinch bolts, steering shaft, EPS, cage, harness bar, rear caliper brakes, rear hub, swaybar,
16mm: Diff mount, Front caliper bracket, seat belts
17mm: Steering shaft, turbo oil line,
18mm: Shocks, A-arms, trailing arm, frame support, radius rods, tie rod, diff,
19mm: Turbo oil line, lug nuts, shift cable, seat belts
27mm: Axle nut (or 1 1/16”)
This is fantastic, thanks for sharing!

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
That list from UTV action is what I carry plus a few other items. I carry a 1/2" breaker bar and a 19 MM socket so I can remover lug nuts. A jack of course. Pliers, screw drivers and vice grips. Plus all the other goodies like duct tape, zip ties and a small assortment of nuts and bolts. I have all of this plus a winch recovery kit, air compressor, tire plugs and tire repair kit a small tarp and it all fits with room to spare in the Ridgid box I have mounted in the bed.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That list from UTV action is what I carry plus a few other items. I carry a 1/2" breaker bar and a 19 MM socket so I can remover lug nuts. A jack of course. Pliers, screw drivers and vice grips. Plus all the other goodies like duct tape, zip ties and a small assortment of nuts and bolts. I have all of this plus a winch recovery kit, air compressor, tire plugs and tire repair kit a small tarp and it all fits with room to spare in the Ridgid box I have mounted in the bed.
Nice- what do you carry them all in? The roll-up kit that comes with the kit is cool, and would keep them all organized and tight, but I would assume tough for some to swallow the cost.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts