Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I bought a set of metal bases and them modified them to be solid mounted after the stock plastic base broke on the driver site. The replacement bases I used were Aces 1" lowering bases without recline. I don't recommend them because of the flexing in the rear. They are a poor design. Also my PRP seats on the stock or metal bases would wobble side to side about 3". The problem is the quick release in the rear center of the seat. The plastic Polaris or Aces metal bases flexed enough to cause the movement. I don't recommend Aces or Polaris because of the flexing in the rear. Both are a poor design. The Longhorn lowering bases are better but won't work with extra wide PRP seats because they lower the seat and recline causing the seats hit the console and not lock down. I had to raise the Aces base by 1" to get the seats to install correctly and the quick release to latch. Luckily the PRP seats come with 1" rails that raise the seat 1" when used. The next step was to modify the Aces bases so they would not flex. My solution was to weld two metal tabs on the back of each base and use 1/4" x 1 1/2" stainless quick release pins drilled through the tabs and into the rail below the seat. I also modified the front part of the base to be stronger and use the two Polaris rubber tabs on the bottom of the stock plastic base to snug the front part up and eliminate any rattling or slop. More welding and drilling required to do this. Note this will only work on a 4 seat Polaris so that the pull pins can be removed from behind the seat.

Hind site is always 20/20. I found that the Dragonfire stock height seat bases will cure the wobble problem because the design is superior to the other bases if you don't want to lower the seats. Use the Dragonfire aluminum non-lowering seat bases if you have a two seat machine. The best bases for lowering that I found were the L&W Fab and Longhorn lowering bases. I have the L&W on my website and use them on my RS1. We will be adding the Longhorn and Dragonfire bases this week. I hope someone can benefits from my story on the seat bases. I am fortunate to have a full shop at my disposal for mods like this.
Thanks for the info! Now I’m interested to see if the seats I got fit since they are wider and these bases allowed 2”. The seats came with 1” rails though so I’m hoping it’ll all fit. Im pretty tall so the extra headroom will be nice for when I do my cage. Anyone have experience with the Simpson Pro Sport seats and how they liked them? I had wanted to try the Corbeau SXS Pro but Coyne powersports had the Simpsons in stock and on display to try out.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Well finally got the seats in. They ended up not working with the longhorn bases. In fact they BARELY fit with just the stock base. These things are squeezed in so tight. They hit the center console/tunnel and then are up against the tube that the doors mount on. They’re super comfy though. Does anyone know if they make fiberglass center consoles that are maybe skinnier than the stock? I saw that Glasskraft makes one but I’m not sure it fits the Turbo S.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Well finally got the seats in. They ended up not working with the longhorn bases. In fact they BARELY fit with just the stock base. These things are squeezed in so tight. They hit the center console/tunnel and then are up against the tube that the doors mount on. They’re super comfy though. Does anyone know if they make fiberglass center consoles that are maybe skinnier than the stock? I saw that Glasskraft makes one but I’m not sure it fits the Turbo S.
I think this is why we see so many builds in RZR's with the Vortex or Vortex Wide seats rather then the Pro Sports. I have the regular Vortex seats and they fit very well, I can't imagine how you stuffed those bad boys in your RZR. Most Pro Sports I see are in X3's that have way more room.

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I think this is why we see so many builds in RZR's with the Vortex or Vortex Wide seats rather then the Pro Sports. I have the regular Vortex seats and they fit very well, I can't imagine how you stuffed those bad boys in your RZR. Most Pro Sports I see are in X3's that have way more room.
Had I known they would’ve been that tight to get in there, I would’ve went with the vortexs. But we had the very “knowledgeable” salesman sway us towards the pro sports since my dad and I are big guys. I don’t think they should be selling seats that truly don’t really fit in the vehicle. Once I get some pictures of them I’ll post them up showing how tight they really are. But, hey, got rid of the side to side wobble 😂

21 - 25 of 25 Posts