Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a nice ride over the next couple weeks. Anyone have anything planned at majestic, tug hill or other pa/ny locations?

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Majestic has a dice run this weekend. Rock run has a 3 day event" rally at the rock" and Snow Shoe has a pig roast..

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
we've got a pretty good group going to Trevorton PA the weekend of Oct9/10. the more the merrier and it's a great place to ride!
Mike

·
Registered
876 Posts
You can check out the ride on Oct. 2 in Jasper NY. It's kinda between the two but closer to Majestic than Tug Hill. It's put on by the local FFA. It's just West on Jasper, just follow the ATV signs!

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
owned by Reading Anthrocite, the largest riding area I've ever been too. guessing they own hundreds of thousands of acres. permitts are available for 100/yr but you won't find anyone you can show it too. the locals laugh at the permitts. look for rzr's in trevorton on utube(i think it's linked on the ride thread in this section). all kinds of trails.
Mike

·
Registered
215 Posts
The locals laughing at permits and destroying RAC machinery is going to get the place shut down for everyone else.

Get the permit, they do have a patrol that checks sometimes.

"Excavation equipment destroyed when vandal drives machinery off 100-foot bank
Republican & Herald - Pottsville, Pa.
Author: Anonymous
Date: Mar 3, 2010
Start Page: A.1
Text Word Count: 193
Document Text

BY DUSTIN PANGONIS

BUCK RUN -- A half-million dollar excavator was destroyed over the weekend when someone drove it off a 100-foot embankment, according to Reading Anthracite General Manager Frank Derrick.

"The person must have had a key to start it up, and knew what he was doing and be able to travel with the machine," Derrick said in a telephone interview Tuesday.

Derrick said state police at Frackville are investigating the incident, which occurred sometime between late Saturday afternoon and Monday morning at a company mine site.

The company deals with vandalism such as broken windows and entry of machines, Derrick said, but he cannot recall such a serious incident.

"From the looks of it, it's destroyed," Derrick said. "When it went over the bank, I'm not sure if it rolled over, but it is sitting on the roof."

The excavator, a Caterpillar model 345 with a backhoe configuration, was still sitting on its roof Tuesday at the bottom of the embankment, where it will remain until the investigation is complete, Derrick said.

Reading Anthracite is offering a $5,000 reward for information leading to an arrest, Derrick said.

Credit: STAFF WRITER [email protected]
Reproduced with permission of the copyright owner. Further reproduction or distribution is prohibited without permission.
Abstract (Document Summary)

"The person must have had a key to start it up, and knew what he was doing and be able to travel with the machine," [Frank Derrick] said in a telephone interview Tuesday.

"From the looks of it, it's destroyed," Derrick said. "When it went over the bank, I'm not sure if it rolled over, but it is sitting on the roof."

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
people are idiots! actions like that will indeed ruin it for everyone.

i'm sure they do have some type of patrol but i have never seen it. it would be very easy for them to control "non locals" by simply driving thru the parking areas, they do not seem inclined to do this. controlling the locals would be economically impossible due to the size of the place. for now i'm happy they offer the option of the permitts.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Yeah, the locals are retarded. I run into the patrol guy once in a while. He looks to be about 90. So yeah, they don't put much effort into patrol for sure. But those out of control locals are going to wreck it. What is funny, is that the locals complain about out of towners being on their turf. /rolls eyes.

Anyway, off topic LOL

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
the locals i have run into so far have actually been really helpful with directions and whatnot. there are always "crazy locals" wherever you go, especially in offroading!

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
welcome Skeeter, good to see you on here!

i think the current economic mess has actually helped some of this happen. the areas around the riding places often seem in economic distress and with the success of Hatfield-McCoy as a tourist destination($$$) it would be easy to see why an area would be interested in a ride park/trail system. GOOD NEWS! Plus, if it's already legal to ride there why not promote it and bring in some cash!

·
Registered
215 Posts
Do you have a link for that info? Kind of surprises me since much of the land is still active mining. Also, the state would be assuming a lot of liability for the hazards created from mining, such as open pits. So if its true, I would bet it is going to be severely limited and a lot of it closed.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
it would probably be in areas that are no longer active, plenty of space available if you stay on marked trails. if i see any mining activity when i'm riding i leave that area, seems pretty simple(i know, there are many who simply can't seem to "tread lightly"). Hatfiled/McCoy has made it work, where there's a will there's a way. these areas need income.

·
Registered
215 Posts
it would probably be in areas that are no longer active, plenty of space available if you stay on marked trails. if i see any mining activity when i'm riding i leave that area, seems pretty simple(i know, there are many who simply can't seem to "tread lightly"). Hatfiled/McCoy has made it work, where there's a will there's a way. these areas need income.
If you ride the haul roads at all then you are on an active mining area. Since haul roads make up most of the paths, there is no way around it. There are also old, inactive open pits all over the place. Fortunately, most of them are pretty obvious so unless someone is a dumbass, they shouldn't go right into them.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts