Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2019 XP4 Turbo S
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I recently installed a super atv winch. The power is direct to battery and the single red solenoid wire is to a power block. The block is activated via relay from the accessory block wire on the rzr.

After hooking up winch I seem to be experiencing a power draw. Coincidence or could it be a a draw? Anyone else experience this?

2019 RZR Turbo S

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Winch?

So is your trigger wire tied in at a keyed source?
Your mention of a relay mentions nothing about a keyed source of power.

Reactions: SuperATV

·
Registered
517 Posts
You need to wire the contactor to battery power, but need to wire the switch (at least the light part of the switch) and wireless control (if an option) to the 12V ignition controlled source.

·
Registered
2019 XP4 Turbo S
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wench/ winch. Well they are both supposed to work hard and lift things, but I suppose I’ll edit that

·
Registered
2019 XP4 Turbo S
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You need to wire the contactor to battery power, but need to wire the switch (at least the light part of the switch) and wireless control (if an option) to the 12V ignition controlled source.

Thank you for the diagram. Yes this is exactly how it’s wired up. The switch is triggered from the accessory terminal that is only powered when the key is on. I suppose I’ll end up having to use an amp/volt meter and trace the draw.

·
Registered
2021 1000 XP
706 Posts
As a data point, our MotoAlliance Viper winch has zero draw until triggered.

As far as I've seen, most winches use the same contactor, perhaps it's defective...?

All the best, James

·
Registered
2019 XP4 Turbo S
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
As a data point, our MotoAlliance Viper winch has zero draw until triggered.

As far as I've seen, most winches use the same contactor, perhaps it's defective...?

All the best, James
Thanks it’s potentially a coincidence I’ll be tracing things and ruling out at this point.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts