Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
i know the feeling, im out of warranty 6 months with 8 hours on my machine and the oil pressure relief valve went and i lost oil pressure, polaris did nothing for me with a defective part from factory, i had to pay for the engine tear down and inspection

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
what polaris told me, even though it didnt work because i had no warranty, was to go back to the dealer and tell them to send in another warranty claim, sometimes you get a different claim officer and get better results

·
Registered
334 Posts
polaris should just sell this stuff "as is" with no warranty, since they dont seem to ever want to fix anything anyways.

try a different dealer. dealer will make or break your claim

·
Registered
125 Posts
I have a voo-doo blue 900 with 24 hrs on it, it started smoking all the time. I bought the aftermarket warranty plus still have 3 months factory warranty also, the dealership called polaris and they told them to do the 50hr service on it with 24 hrs. The dealership kept it for about a month and i picked it up and it was smoking worse than before with fresh oil, they said they didnt have time to work on it so picked it up and took it to another dealership, they pulled it right about and said i wouldnt have to pay for anything since it was still under factory warranty. Well they found dust in the motor and will not cover it, my 900 has never been abused and under water EVER!!! The dealership told Polaris that it is very clean and the dust got by the factory air filter... it has the factory air filter and factory air box and both are clean.... Now polaris will not cover it because they said there is not defective piece, i didnt make their air box or filter so why should i pay to fix it when i havent done anything wrong? It has been apart for 6 months now and they are just giving me the run around, it is a off road unit and thats what it was made to do so what did i do wrong??????
Same thing happened to me.Air filter failed and Polaris acts as though it was my fault. 40 years of off roading and this is the first engine rebuild from getting dirt in the engine.

·
Premium Member
2,351 Posts
you can get a lawyer.

my cousins started smoking, and burning oil bad. it had a air raid filter in it. when we checked it, there really wasent any sign of dirt or dust in the throttle bodys.

dealer took it apart started the claim, and found a pinched oil ring, and the oil pump failing.

all said a done polaris said the filter voided the waranty.

a lawyer will take care of what you need. my cousins took 6 plus months but in the end polaris will pay.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I had fricken problems with polaris giving me a new wheel because the pair was pealing. Their answer: well did you power wash it? Um yes how the heck am I gonna wash off dry mud? Well your not supposed to use a power washer on a rzr.... You've got to be kidding me, they drag that bull crap on for 4 days then finally sent a rim to my dealer. What a joke, I can just imagine what your Goin through just for you motor.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Not sure what state you are in but I would get in touch with the Better Business Bureau of the state you are in and find out what your options are. See what they say before contacting a lawyer. I would imagine there would be some sort of Lemon Law in regards to the RZR.

·
Lake Mead Explorer
343 Posts
I did not and will not buy an extended warranty from Polaris.

The way I see it, I am $800.00 ahead toward having the engine rebuilt and improved by Swingarm should the need arise.

I will also consider the way Polaris handles warranty claims when I purchase my next UTV...

If there is a known issue of dirt getting past the air filtration system, Polaris needs to improve the filtration system. I have had off road vehicles of all types and raced and ridden off road a total of 40 years and have never had an engine fail because dirt got past the OEM filter setup after NORMAL maintenance.

·
Registered
177 Posts
My motor blew last weekend, it is ticking and has no compression (45 psi in one cylinder and 110 psi in the other) I have had it 7 months, what is my best option? Should I see if polaris will cover it. It is a bone stock 2012 xp 900

·
Premium Member
41,099 Posts
I've said before and I'll say it again...

If you have a DEALER he'll get it fixed through warranty...

If you have a STEALER he'll make more money charging you to fix a warranty related item... The STEALER will blame Polaris for the warranty claim being denied...

Fact Not Fiction...

Find a DEALER...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts