Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

21 - 40 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Check out Desertworks in Montclair they just completed my dual sport cage, removable roof rack for desert and dune season. My car is under full treatment: hcr, doors, trunk and a full wrap by proline to come, also a interior remodel and everything from aftermarket Assiasin and evo performance. It started from the xp4 ultimate. I’ll prolly create a full build post soon.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Check out Desertworks in Montclair they just completed my dual sport cage, removable roof rack for desert and dune season. My car is under full treatment: hcr, doors, trunk and a full wrap by proline to come, also a interior remodel and everything from aftermarket Assiasin and evo performance. It started from the xp4 ultimate. I’ll prolly create a full build post soon.

View attachment 648585
Awesome! Ya keep me posted on updates, would like to see how the cage looks on the Rzr.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I just got a new Pro XP 4 in Black out here in Provo. Excited to get the build going. I'll post here if I remember to and check-in to see if anyone is making progress on theirs.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I have a guy in Utah who does Aluminum Roofs for $400 for the Pro XP 4. Don't get screwed by Polaris on one, ask around your local Fabricators and give them some work. $700 is crazy for such a simple accessory.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #30

·
Registered
149 Posts
I have a guy in Utah who does Aluminum Roofs for $400 for the Pro XP 4. Don't get screwed by Polaris on one, ask around your local Fabricators and give them some work. $700 is crazy for such a simple accessory.
Hey Lyric, what builder are you using for your cage? I'm in Vegas, some of the best cages come from your area.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Hey Lyric, what builder are you using for your cage? I'm in Vegas, some of the best cages come from your area.
So I am having a hard time deciding on doing a cage or not. The Pro XP 4's cage I think looks the same as most aftermarket Pro XP 4's cages I've seen so far and this cage is built really well for once. The new cage is OSHA 1928.53 which from my understanding is the same standard used on Tractor cages, it is an interesting read of how they test these: 1928.53 - Protective enclosures for wheel-type agricultural tractors -- test procedures and performance requirements. | Occupational Safety and Health Administration A lot of people will try to say this is a poor standard but if you are going to beef up the cage then you need to beef up the lower part of your vehicle too so new cage or not this is only solving half the issue. They drop a 4,400 pound weight on this cage from 18 feet. Also, I'm not as wild as I use to be, so rolling at 70 mph probably isn't in my future. I've never rolled in my 10 years of off-roading. Tipped on my side once in the beginning and tipped on my side last year going backward up a formation in Moab haha yes backwards, I've done most things Moab has to offer and wanted to have a little fun instead of doing an Austin Powers turn around on this tight trail down there.

My builder is based out of Lehi, Utah his name is Jake. He built my Roof and I love it.

·
Registered
149 Posts
So I am having a hard time deciding on doing a cage or not. The Pro XP 4's cage I think looks the same as most aftermarket Pro XP 4's cages I've seen so far and this cage is built really well for once. The new cage is OSHA 1928.53 which from my understanding is the same standard used on Tractor cages, it is an interesting read of how they test these: 1928.53 - Protective enclosures for wheel-type agricultural tractors -- test procedures and performance requirements. | Occupational Safety and Health Administration A lot of people will try to say this is a poor standard but if you are going to beef up the cage then you need to beef up the lower part of your vehicle too so new cage or not this is only solving half the issue. They drop a 4,400 pound weight on this cage from 18 feet. Also, I'm not as wild as I use to be, so rolling at 70 mph probably isn't in my future. I've never rolled in my 10 years of off-roading. Tipped on my side once in the beginning and tipped on my side last year going backward up a formation in Moab haha yes backwards, I've done most things Moab has to offer and wanted to have a little fun instead of doing an Austin Powers turn around on this tight trail down there.

My builder is based out of Lehi, Utah his name is Jake. He built my Roof and I love it.
I think I talked to him last week. I was going to get a roof from him then the dealer threw one in. He does good work.

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net

·
Registered
210 Posts
Finally got the 32-inch Kanati Mongrels put on the Pro XP 4 build.

I need to adjust my ride height now that I have let the suspension settled in. It needs to go up 1 to 1.5 inches in the front and rear at least after 100+ miles.

The old 30 x 10 x 14 Maxxis Carnivores with rims weigh in at 46 pounds.
These Kanati Mongrels with rims weigh in at 53 pounds.
Not bad if you ask me.

The rims were balanced and it drives smooth as butter. I haven't noticed much loss of power yet but that was mobbing around the neighborhood. I'll have to see how the Mountain trails in Utah go. The turbo seems to just take over regardless so I'm not worried.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Yep, so far:
° every available AfterMarket Assassins power mod added, intake pre and after with catch can, big injectors, charge tube, clutch kit, stage 4 and 6 tunes
° Polaris aluminum roof
° Polaris full vented front and rear windshields
° Polaris low profile sliders
° Full HMF exhaust
° Corbin street legal kit with horn
° Polaris side view mirrors
° running 32" Chicanes for dirt/ rocks and 32" Skat Trak 12 paddle talons and mohawks for the sand, Both sets on beadlocks
° both Polaris trunks
° rear chase light
° overhead light bar
° CB
°AEM failsafe
° Black Ops 5k# winch
°Highlighter front forward A arm kit delivering Monday

Will likely custom paint body. Super happy with it!!!! PRO XP 4 ULTIMATE!

I need to take some more recent pics!!!

·
Registered
405 Posts
Yep, so far:
° every available AfterMarket Assassins power mod added, intake pre and after with catch can, big injectors, charge tube, clutch kit, stage 4 and 6 tunes
° Polaris aluminum roof
° Polaris full vented front and rear windshields
° Polaris low profile sliders
° Full HMF exhaust
° Corbin street legal kit with horn
° Polaris side view mirrors
° running 32" Chicanes for dirt/ rocks and 32" Skat Trak 12 paddle talons and mohawks for the sand, Both sets on beadlocks
° both Polaris trunks
° rear chase light
° overhead light bar
° CB
°AEM failsafe
° Black Ops 5k# winch
°Highlighter front forward A arm kit delivering Monday

Will likely custom paint body. Super happy with it!!!! PRO XP 4 ULTIMATE!

I need to take some more recent pics!!!
View attachment 650547 View attachment 650548 View attachment 650549
Added front forward HighLifter A-arms, ordered the rear yesterday

21 - 40 of 64 Posts