Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased 6x9 and subwoofer pods and I am considering putting in 1 inch tweeters. Has anyone done this and is noticeable in an open car? I havent purchased the 6x9 or sub yet, but I do intend to purchase some medium to high end speakers.

Thanks!

·
Registered
240 Posts
I do not see the point of tweeters if you are using a 3 way or 4 way speaker since there would be a tweeter in the speaker already. Like you saw on my post I have tweeters in mine but that is because my speakers do not have them since it is a component set..

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
Tweeters certainly didnt fade out. Anybody that cares about good audio goes components instead of 2way, 3way, or 4way speakers. To answer the first question, yeah you'll be able to tell it but not sure you need it. Tweeters carry most of the audible range and are very important. High frequencies are directional so some properly placed tweeters can improve sound. You don't want too much though. And if you cant point them at your head there is no use for them.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Tweeters certainly didnt fade out. Anybody that cares about good audio goes components instead of 2way, 3way, or 4way speakers. To answer the first question, yeah you'll be able to tell it but not sure you need it. Tweeters carry most of the audible range and are very important. High frequencies are directional so some properly placed tweeters can improve sound. You don't want too much though. And if you cant point them at your head there is no use for them.
x2

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies. Where is the ideal place to install them? I am considering mounting them on the dash or should I purchase the pods and mount them on the top?

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
The ideal place is ear level, pointed directly at you, and with both of them equal distance from your ears. Note that i said ideal. There's no way you'll be able to get them equal distances from your ears.

·
Registered
861 Posts
An old set of JL Audio 650xi 6.5 with crossovers and tweeters, it a great sound and the sound is alot crisper than my cheap speakers in the roof with built in tweeters.

·
Registered
1 Posts
does anyone have the party box system??? does it sound as good as they make it out to??? is it as easy to install as they say???? do you have to have a radio to hook up to it ???

1 - 10 of 10 Posts