Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the bolt-on doors, having a quick-release steering wheel would make a life a little easier.

For $200, dragonfire racing has their steering wheel and quick-release hub:

DragonFIre Quick Release Hub Adapter, and Steering Wheel | Kawasaki Teryx 750 Safety

The price is right, and the hub is exactly what I want....I'm just not 100% sold on the wheel, doesn't look much different than the stock wheel.

So does anybody here have one of these? How does the wheel feel compared to the stock plastic one? Any more comfortable? How does the quick-release hub work? Easy to release/install? How about quality? I don't want to spend the money and end up hating it because of lack of quality (slop in the wheel, loose fitting, etc).

If I don't go this route, I will probably end up getting the 5 bolt quick release hub from UTV inc, but that will cost me a bit more ($130 for the hub, and anywhere from $100-$250 for a decent looking wheel).

·
Registered
335 Posts
With the bolt-on doors, having a quick-release steering wheel would make a life a little easier.

For $200, dragonfire racing has their steering wheel and quick-release hub:

DragonFIre Quick Release Hub Adapter, and Steering Wheel | Kawasaki Teryx 750 Safety

The price is right, and the hub is exactly what I want....I'm just not 100% sold on the wheel, doesn't look much different than the stock wheel.

So does anybody here have one of these? How does the wheel feel compared to the stock plastic one? Any more comfortable? How does the quick-release hub work? Easy to release/install? How about quality? I don't want to spend the money and end up hating it because of lack of quality (slop in the wheel, loose fitting, etc).

If I don't go this route, I will probably end up getting the 5 bolt quick release hub from UTV inc, but that will cost me a bit more ($130 for the hub, and anywhere from $100-$250 for a decent looking wheel).
I have the dragon fire set up and it feels and works great. Just a little bit harder for some low life to try and steal my machine. But then if I caught him trying to steal my machine my friend Mr. Glock and I would have to go into action, and well you know the rest of the story.

·
Premium Member
1,074 Posts
The adapter is good, the steering wheel is a POS.
My thoughts exactly:)
Ya we had to use a cheaper wheel to get the price of the kit down. We did make it a 6 bolt pattern so you can run most Momo and Grant Wheels. We are working on having some more options and we do sell just the hub and spline if you would like. Keep in mind a true Momo Race wheel like the one on our Class 1 is about $180

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys.

The adapter is good, the steering wheel is a POS.
My thoughts exactly:)
Ya we had to use a cheaper wheel to get the price of the kit down. We did make it a 6 bolt pattern so you can run most Momo and Grant Wheels. We are working on having some more options and we do sell just the hub and spline if you would like. Keep in mind a true Momo Race wheel like the one on our Class 1 is about $180
That was what I figured...I have been looking at different wheels on ebay and different car websites, and the nice ones sure aren't cheap. I may just go with the hub for now and look for a good deal on a wheel later on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts