Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2021 xp4 turbo. AA stage 2 tune 32" tires
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't do high speed cornering all trail riding. Any you guys with 4 seaters removed your front sway bars? Have a small, long divot in my yard when I hit it at a 45 degree angle man I can feel how stiff that bar is. No flex at all

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We don’t run front or rear sway bar.
Would running without a front sway bar put more stress on axles being that the sway bar isn't holding them at roughly the same angle coming out of the diff?

·
Registered
768 Posts
I'm in a 50-55" and lost the front bar, it's much better but beware, the spring rate will change causing one wheel impacts to potentially bottom out.

·
Registered
674 Posts
I don’t think any noticeable more stress. We don’t have sway bars, run 35’s with 53% low gear reduction that’s adds torque to the driveline, riding the biggest rocks that really gets the suspension in binds and workin hard and haven’t broke an stock axle yet knock on wood.

I’d have to look it up but don’t think spring rates have changed since the older models that didn’t come withfront sway bars so wouldn’t worry about the affect on spring rates.
‘15 1k before they started putting sway Bars on oem, sending it in a corner hard...

·
Registered
424 Posts
I upgraded to dual rate springs.
I removed front sway completely and added front Shock Therapy limit straps.
The rear was still stiff, I added Walker "links" to my swaybar to keep some control.
The ride is night and day different.

Edit. Trail riding involves many suspension hits on one side vs. dune riders with humps and whoops. I always felt like I was being thrown from side to side constantly due to sway compensation. Now the suspension acts independently and your head and neck feels the difference. I ride Eastern TN trails, 90% of the time.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I upgraded to dual rate springs.
I removed front sway completely and added front Shock Therapy limit straps.
The rear was still stiff, I added Walker "links" to my swaybar to keep some control.
The ride is night and day different.

Edit. Trail riding involves many suspension hits on one side vs. dune riders with humps and whoops. I always felt like I was being thrown from side to side constantly due to sway compensation. Now the suspension acts independently and your head and neck feels the difference. I ride Eastern TN trails, 90% of the time.

Damn I'm jealous of that suspension. Can't afford that right now. If I remove the front sway bar you suggest using limit straps?

·
Registered
424 Posts
Damn I'm jealous of that suspension. Can't afford that right now. If I remove the front sway bar you suggest using limit straps?
I can tell you that the clunking when the suspension bottoms out drove me crazy. Shock therapy and many smart folks on this forum says it does not hurt the shocks to hit the internal limiter that causes the clunk. For me it was strictly to stop the clunking.

You will spend absolutely nothing just unhooking the sway bars for a test. I test drove with the front off, trashed it for good. Unhooking both was to tipsy for me, so I added the Walker Links to keep some flex while also controlling body roll with sway bar. A lot of guys I know just unhook them on slow rough trails. Let me see if I can find my suspension post. I put a lot of effort into this thing.

·
WV RZR Rider
2019 xp 1000 ride command
55 Posts
YES your shock will bottom out, no swaybar limit straps for sure!!!!

·
Registered
424 Posts
Gonna go ahead remove front bar and get limit straps.

So are these any count. They get me close to a dual rate setup?
Unless your springs are broke.... My opinion is..... Just ride and save your budget for a few months and get the dual rate system later. You add a lot of adjustability. Both options would work, but the suspension is the best upgrade I have done to mine. It is like $750-$800? I can’t remember. Study and read up on how the cross over rings work to go from dual to single rate.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Unless your springs are broke.... My opinion is..... Just ride and save your budget for a few months and get the dual rate system later. You add a lot of adjustability. Both options would work, but the suspension is the best upgrade I have done to mine. It is like $750-$800? I can’t remember. Study and read up on how the cross over rings work to go from dual to single rate.
when you spent over 20k on an off-road machine you thought would be gtg you discover all the short comings and short cuts taken. Then bam couple grand later on parts you still buying shit haha. But hell I love this thing. I understand what the cross over rings purpose is. Hard to stomache the thought of another $800 suspension upgrade. But I am disappointed in ride quality

·
Registered
424 Posts
when you spent over 20k on an off-road machine you thought would be gtg you discover all the short comings and short cuts taken. Then bam couple grand later on parts you still buying shit haha. But hell I love this thing. I understand what the cross over rings purpose is. Hard to stomache the thought of another $800 suspension upgrade. But I am disappointed in ride quality
Take off front sway bar and go ride. You will not believe the improvement that can make around here. Play around with shocks. Full soft is not best.

·
Super Moderator
6,073 Posts
Charles does a good job in that video of explaining and touches on a lot of the things I've been saying for years. Just because you remove the sway bars or change springs does not mean you need limit straps, limit straps are 100% unnecessary on stock suspension. There are reasons to use limits straps but they are not a "must" on stock suspension.

For guys that want articulation and still limit body roll WE links are a great comprise. I ran them on all four corners with stock geometry suspension for years before switching to long travel. They allow good articulation and limit body roll.

I have been using the Halo Electronic sway bar for over a year now and it works well. @SuperATV LT Suspension, no front sway bar, Halo rear sway bar, ST Stage 4 RIS. I could drive up and over the RTI ramp ;)

Got flex :cool:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts