Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did something really stupid on my brand-spankin' new Rzr S.

I put a sticker on the silencer...just above the exhaust tip. Well, the sticker burned into the finish and looks like hell! New Rzr S...screwed up silencer; the only part you can see from the back of the Rzr S. I am a freakin' idiot!

Is there anyone out there who would be willing, for pay, to cut a round piece of Diamond Plate, with a hole just big enough to slide over the tip that points down???? I plan on using Hi-Temp Silicone to attach it.

I understand the 2009 Rzr and Rzr S has a silencer with the tip on the lower part which is different from the 2008 models.

Again, I am more than willing to pay for this.

Help???

·
Mad Scientist
1,247 Posts
go to autozone and buy the ceramic paint.
clean your muffler up and paint it.. then put it in the oven and cook as/per the instructions. make sure your wife isnt home when you do it..

·
Registered
77 Posts
If you ride hard the stock paint will eventually flake off/discolor anyways. Sand the silencer and get a good clean surface, use the Rustoleum high heat BBQ paint. Make sure you mask the area for overspray.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm afraid to 'brush' paint on as it usually leaves brush marks.

My experience with BBQ paint is that it usually peels off???

·
Registered
285 Posts
try any of those it won't hurt, you can always cover it the way you are talking about with the diamond plate if they don't work it will def. look better than a burnt sticker

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ya, I was looking to dress up the exhaust anyways as I am not gonna get and aftermarket exhaust.

Any takers on the metal work? I'll bet you'd sell tons of them here on Rzr Forums!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts